+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: Cata Holy Priest Guide (4.0.3)

Quote Originally Posted by natsuko View Post
    I still have a huge doubt about holy gearing... whats better staff or main hand+off hand?
    Atm im using Amani Scepter of Rites and bioluminescent lamp... havent found a better off hand..but is it better than a staff?
    It always depends on your *other* gear, in other words, it depends on what stats you're missing.

For example, I used to have huge mana issues so I stacked spirit more than anything else. At that time, Chelley's Staff of Dark Mending was perfect. Now that my gear is all lvl 359 with one 372 piece, I'm fine on mana in most fights but I found I was lacking throughput so I switched to a main hand/off hand combination which together has a good bit more intellect than the staff. So, weigh your options, see what stats need boosting and get the weapon that has those stats. We don't actually *use* our weapons after all, we have them solely for their stats, so there is no "best" option per se, only "best for you at this point in time".

Ok thanks m8.

ALiena,

When can we have a full update for 4.2?

Kikkie

There's wasn't any changes from 4.1 -> 4.2 for holy priests. The only thing you have to look at is gear since blizzard thought it wise to not provide us with a full set of heroic raid spirit gear.

Indeed from 4.1 to 4.2 no big changes but from 4.03 to 4.2 there are changes. Maybe also mention tips how we have to deal with the gear to in the guide. Because it's a guide or not?

It'll be simply get what spirit pieces you can. If you notice you have mana to spare on encounters, start picking up pieces without spirit. The only hard part is whether or not the trinkets are worth picking up and so far I haven't seen any hard math either way.

Not sure if Aliena is still around here but either way, I'll write the same

Please review this guide and post a new one for MoP statistics. =)

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

+ Reply to Thread