+ Reply to Thread

Thread: good threat and Warrior tank not cutting it?

good threat and Warrior tank not cutting it?

My first question is what is the tps I should be generating? What tps is good enough to where it becomes the a dps issue of generating too much threat?
    Also the general consensus on my server is that warrior tanks are not near as good as the other tank classes is this a thought viewed by the whole community or just pertaining to my server?

1) You're not giving us any information as to what exactly your gear is like or what you're tanking. Heroics usually go up to 4-5k, while endgame raid tanks (who get a lot of DPS buffs) can easily get to 7k. In the end, you need enough TPS to maintain aggro from your DPS as long as they are being samrt about it (Hunters FDing, locks soulshattering if they come close and so on)
    2) Your server's community is wrong. It might be that there are not a whole lot of warrior tanks on your server that know how to play and thus mess up, giving warriors that reputation, but overall I find all tanks just as good when played well. That last bit is important though

PS: This belong more in the HALP forums than in the General discussion I believe
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

here it is

Currently I do 6-7k threat the only real issue I have is aoe tanking for example the welps in Ony's layer. here is my armory link any advice would be great.

What is your gear level?

Warriors are generally the weakest of all 4 tanks in terms of aoe tanking.

If you are having problems with whelp tanking in onyxia, the best way to tank it would be to have everyone stack on you at the start of p2. demo shout as the adds come in. once all the adds are in one big grp, Thunderclap, then move a few steps backwards and do one big shockwave. Then call for Aoe. When shockwave stun is over use your aoe taunt and thunderclap one more time. most of the adds will be dead by the time your aoe taunt finishes.

Simple solution on whelps is tell the dps not to touch them until she is 3-4% from coming down.

No more spawn until they die so its easier just to hold them.

Ranged on onyxia melee on elites.
    Huge Aoe from dps on whelps just before she comes down makes life much easier gets onyxia down quicker and if you don't have enough threat on the group by then you are doing something very wrong.

+ Reply to Thread