+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gear check

Gear check

I was wondering if some other pallys could check out my prot set up and see what they think. I really want feed back on end game tanking. Such as gems, chants and maybe a rotation. And If someone has time can they link there macro for the bubble and drop bubble macro so If I am feard or such I can pop the bubble and then hit the macro to drop it and not lose aggro. Keep it as simple as possible if you can if you don't mind. The World of Warcraft Armory

Thanks Renegaded

Any Reply would be nice. I know I need help on gems. Am I set for 10 H Toc or do I need to gem for stam or stay with what I have. I have another trinket from h toc I can use to give stam and replace the trinket from 10 man ony. What do Yall think of my chants and the gear I have atm. Anything would help me.

Thanks Renegaded.

Bubble/de-bubble macro:

/cancelaura Divine Shield
    /cast Divine Shield
    Can also be used for Divine Sacrifice if you spec'd into it:

/cancelaura Divine Sacrifice
    /cancelaura Divine Shield
    /cast Divine Shield
    /cast Divine Sacrifice
    As for rotation, you want to alternate one of {Holy Shield, Judgement, Consecration} with one of {Hammer of the Righteous, Shield of Righteousness} on a loop known as "969" - the first three can be cast every 9 seconds and the second two every 6. Something like:

Holy Shield (9) > Hammer of the Righteous (6) > Judgement (9) > Shield of Righteousness (6) > Consecration (9) > Hammer of the Righteous (6) > Holy Shield (9) > Shield of Righteousness (6) > Judgement (9) > Hammer of the Righteous (6) > Consecration (9) > Shield of Righteousness (6)

In terms of gems, you want to change your Meta to the Austere Earthsiege Diamond (32 Stam + 2% Armor from items). From there match socket bonuses of +9 Stam or higher and ignore any bonuses lower in favour of straight +30 Stam. Where the socket bonus is good (+9 or +12 Stam), put Agi/Stam in the red sockets and Def/Stam in the yellow sockets.

Aim to get enough Defense Rating to be able to use dual Stamina trinkets as most fights from Ulduar onward massively favour EH over avoidance.

Hope that helps

Instead of wasting space making another topic about the same thing, Would someone be able to look at my gear to see if Im ready to tank TotGC 10/totc 25?

The World of Warcraft Armory

You are. Bring a flask for 10 man hc though.

Yes this helps me alot. I have the defs to run dual stam trinkets just dont have it in. We where on igns in uldar and I had the trinket from ony in for the fire resist to see if it helped. As it looks will I be able to main tank 10/25 toc once I regem all my stuff?

Does the spec I have look to be right or do I need to put 5 in holy to get the extra 15% damage?

Is it better to have the rotation on a hot key or can you make a macro that will tear thru the rotation? Normally I have been using the hot keys on the keyboard but that sucks when your doing it all night so I change it up to where I can click it with mouse and move my toon with the keys to keep my adhd down some. lol
    Last edited by Renegaded; 10-12-2009 at 03:02 PM.

5/5 Seals of the Pure + 5/5 Reckoning is marginally higher threat in Ulduar (though causes you to miss some of the great Ret talents like Vindication) but for TotC, 3/3 Crusade is the higher threat build so stick with what you have.

As for your rotation I'd say go with what you find best - a lot of people macro the "9s" to one key and the "6s" to another. I personally don't macro my rotation at all but a guy in my guild macros the entire rotation from start to finish. I don't know that there's a "best" way to do it - just do what works best for you.

Gearwise there's no reason why you couldn't tank 25-man TotC with what you currently have and you should be okay for 10-man TotGC as well. 25-man Hard Mode might be a push with what you currently have but it's not impossible.

Kind of wrong forum.

Moved.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

+ Reply to Thread