+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Better Horde tank race?

Better Horde tank race?

The World of Warcraft Armory

Not that it'll help much. I'm saved in my DPS gear due to a lack of def cap since I got rid of the Unsmashable Heavy Band and picked up the Keystone Greatring. Farming emblems to upgrade from tempered saronite bracers to Bracers of Dalaran Parapets to get back on track. Anyway without the "Your gear needs big work" lecture (Trust me, I know. Try pugging a raid on Coilfang ally side. I dare you. lol) which horde race gives the best tools for tanking. Not necessarily for threat, but best overall.
    ...Thoughts of a philosophical Death Knight...
    If death is the inevitable end of life, is life the inevitable end of undeath?

Belf gives you 2% spell miss, and an AoE interrupt.
    Tauren gives you a wee bit more health, and an AoE stun.
    Orc gives you (effectively) an attack power clicky trinket, and an expertise bonus with axes.
    Trolls give you a haste-clicky trinket, reduced snare duration and bonus damage to beast-type mobs.
    Undead gives you a get-out-of-jail free card every now and then from fears.

The difference between them really is not that great. Of all the racial bonuses, I'd think the Belf silence to be the most powerful, with the Tauren warstomp an extremely close second. For threat specifically, I'd go with an Orc. For looks... tough choice, but I'd probably go with Orc first, Tauren last.

I'm leaning toward Orc, Cow, or Zombie. I refuse to roll a belf (Too fem, even though the silence+RP is AWESOME), and troll racial haste isn't really beneficial to DKs all that much unless it's a huge burn phase. I do like the get out of fear free card and the stun AoE, and the orc racials are pretty nice too. I think the tauren HP bonus is something like 500 flat. I really like the orc and undead art, but as far as racials I think it's between Orc and Tauren. Thanks for the breakdown on the racials though! I don't really know horde and the ally attitude has just really made me sick to my stomach.
    ...Thoughts of a philosophical Death Knight...
    If death is the inevitable end of life, is life the inevitable end of undeath?

Tauren give you the biggest and therefore coolest shields.
    The Ashbringer...

+ Reply to Thread