+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Go for the 4 set bonus or...

Go for the 4 set bonus or...

Alright. The World of Warcraft Armory

I recently obtained a Trophy from ToC 25.
    As you can see I have the Ony 25 prot helm and the Chestplate of Towering Monstrosity. I also have 3 pieces of T9. That being said, would it be more valuable for me to replace my helm or chest piece with the T9.25 helm/chest and get the 4 set bonus OR just upgrade one of my existing pieces of T9?

It's a matter of opinion as to whether the 4pc prot is worth it. It will provide you with a survival bonus but keep in mind many of the nastiest attacks in ToGC are completely unaffected by block. I think its generally accepted that the Ony helm and beasts chest are both superior pieces by themselves. There isn't a right or wrong answer.

Thanks for the response. I'll likely just improve one of my existing pieces of T9

I am im simillar position, only got the t9.25 gauntlets, my plan is using the badges to get the ilevel232 shoulders for a threat set(yay for the 2 piece bonus sinergy between t9 and t8), and then later get the helm and legs for a block set, where the 4 piece bonus will make more sense.

But in no way I think downgrading helm, chest or legs on the main set would be worth it for the 4 piece bonus.

The only pieces of T9 I picked up are the gloves and shoulders.

Headplate of the honorbound > i258 t9 helm
    Haubrek of Towering monstrosity > equal lvl t9 chest piece.
    Legguards of feverish dedication > equal lvl t9 pants.

Therefore I picked up the gloves and shoulders, as there are no real tanking gloves in ToC outside of the tier ones, and the Tier shoulders are better then the off-tier ones from badges (and the two piece bonus is sweet, so I had to get 2 pieces of tier gear somewhere)

Be a Champion, not a hero.
    Drae

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1454507.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by drae View Post
    The only pieces of T9 I picked up are the gloves and shoulders.

Haubrek of Towering monstrosity > equal lvl t9 chest piece.
    Legguards of feverish dedication > equal lvl t9 pants.

Therefore I picked up the gloves and shoulders, as there are no real tanking gloves in ToC outside of the tier ones, and the Tier shoulders are better then the off-tier ones from badges (and the two piece bonus is sweet, so I had to get 2 pieces of tier gear somewhere)

Should probably get the 258 t9 helm before saying that :O

3300hp from one piece is nice :|

Quote Originally Posted by drae View Post
    don't listen to this

I think he meant to say 245. I think most people would take the 258 helm.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamburglar View Post
    I think he meant to say 245. I think most people would take the 258 helm.

Actually I do prefer the hefty amount of Expertise on the Honourbound Vs. The SBV on the i258 T9. The honorbound has almost perfect itemization in my eyes.

The only time I would use the T9 i258 is for pure stam stacking, and considering I am already well above the EH threshold for every fight in the game atm, I don't think ~300 hp (after kings and vitality) will make or break the bank. (we're talking a half percent increase in buffed stam here.) Of course more stam is good, and currently EH is king. But 69 expertise goes a long way to getting hard-capped. Which should be possible givin the right combo of gear, without socketing for exp. if I did my math right. Also With the DR at my ~30% dodge, I'll prolly reduce my incoming damage almost as much point per point with expertise (once hard-capped) as with dodge, and eliminate uncontrollable incoming bursts: parry gibs.

I'll stick with my i245 helmet and let my guildies get some tokens. The most tokens I'll take is 2 for my gloves and shoulders.

It's just my opinion, and people are obviously allowed to disagree with me. I intend no disrespect, but sometimes, certain pieces make a lot of sense for players based on how they combine what they already have. A suit of armor is more then the sum of it's parts.

For me the honorbound wins - as it will allow me to be hard-capped exp. and still carry all the EH requirements for the game at the moment.

Compare them here.
    Last edited by drae; 10-16-2009 at 12:16 PM.

Drae

I've got just about everything that drops in here besides H Anub 25 loot... been very lucky.

If you intended on solo tanking Anub adds as a warrior, you'd better get your 4piece in the relative future, and compile it into your unhittable set.

But yes, as for normal EH tanking everything BUT anub adds, I have shoulders/gloves 9.25 and the rest is heroic drops/badge loots. My expertise is 59, impossible to drop any lower since expertise is on all this gear.

As for the 4set bonus, it's great.... on anub adds. But don't get me wrong, hit/block value are decent stats to have on an item if you're heavy on expertise and need hit. It's just gonna give you sexier shield slams, so why not?
    Last edited by Risky; 10-16-2009 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Risky View Post
    ...... If you intended on solo tanking Anub as a warrior, you'd better get your 4piece in the relative future, and compile it into your unhittable set...
    Just wanted to clarify you mean anub adds?

It it possible to stay un-hittable in 4pc t9.5? I've never checked.
    Last edited by drae; 10-16-2009 at 12:36 PM.

Drae

Yes, editting to clarify, thanks.

And yes, if you do it as a warrior, the extra shield blocks are extremely helpful... basically 100% damage negated.

In fact, I logged in MOST of my Anub add set if you wanted to check it out. 101.6% unhittable, working on some more block value/rating atm.

+ Reply to Thread