+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need advice

Need advice

I am currently a member of a progression raiding guild. I was tanking for them. Recently they asked me to go dps. My dps gear is 2.8-3.5k at best as arms. Basically I am not sure what is going on my tank gear is ToC and Ulduar 25 quality. The problem here in lies I have to gear up my dps gear to do any good in raid, but if my dps gear is not pushing enough I will not make raid. My question is it time to guld quit or keep on trucking?

Have they explained to you the reason for the change?

If you don't mind going DPS, and if they intend to let you keep raiding as DPS despite the fast that your gear is (temporarily) sub-par, then there's no worries.

If this is their sneaky way of removing you from the raid, without actually being direct with you about some issue, then yeah, time to gquit.

ok

Well I was told if they see my dps go up then I will see a lot of raid time. Also another problem was they asked me to spec into trauma as fury there is no way I can do good dps like that. Trauma is 6 tiers into arms, so I just went arms

again

also i do not mind going dps butI have spent a ton of time on my prot gear =/

The whole situation sounds weird. Ask them why the change. If you don't like what you hear, start looking for another guild. :P

Yeah we can't tell you what is going on unless we know what's the underlying reason, but it does smell fishy.

Asking you to spec for trauma while fury is indicative that they are clueless because:
    1) They have no idea how to build a DPS warrior
    2) If they did, they would have asked you to respec arms and expect you to bring along trauma. And they would have also made plans to help you get specfic gear.

Finally, is this only one person (i.e. GM/RL) or a few people in the guild? It sounds like either somebody wants to get tank gear, or they want to improve their personal DPS/getting lazy (either a rogue or more like a feral druid not wanting to be the mangle b-tch anymore). Quite aside from low DPS, your crit rate might not be up there due to gear, which affects trauma uptime. Explain that to them, ask them to leave you as tank until you get good enough DPS gear.

And yes this could be a way to get rid of you in favour of an officer/GM/RL's friend. Once you go DPS with substandard gear, they will then bench you for low DPS, whereas now you probably do well with good tank gear.

This is a few people, I have got in disputes with the tank officer over taunting. I have been blamed for taunting a boss to make them immune when in fact the pally tank was throwing hand of reckoning in her rotation. Then they tell me my tps is not up to par which I do 5-7k average with 10k spikes. I just feal like I am getting thrown under the bus.

Is everyone a RL friend and you're the outsider? Sometimes that's how a guild handles a screw up rather than having a conflict with a RL friend.

Have you mentioned you think it's the pally spell? If it's he said she said, they need to be checking logs; not taking someone's word over another's. Hell the pally could just have a bone to pick, and is trying to screw up your game.

I would probably get pretty pissed at the accusations if they didn't stop once I said I wasn't taunting. Taunting is something where you KNOW when you do it. It's plainly obvious to the individual. You can't really 'accidentally' taunt, and not know it.

If you have indeed told them you were definitely not taunting, but that you're pretty sure the pally spell was going off, and they still have not checked it out and/or are making this large of an adjustment to avoid whatever is really going on, well to be frank your guild leadership sucks. No point in beating around the bush there.

I believe the core is RL friends. But the main problem is the server i am on we are one of the top progression guilds and there are not that many to pick from. Also the officers think in general warrior tanks are sub par to paladin and druid tanks. There reasoning is all the "aoe " content makes warriors the worst choice for tanks. All in all I am thinking of transferring to another server for horde progression raiding. If anyone knows a solid server for east coast times pleas let me know.

Sounds like you are kind of at a loss in this guild. Just a minor suggestion, before transfering server, why don't you try to make your own guild. If it doesn't work you can still transfer but at least there is the possibility that you don't need to spend additional money.

+ Reply to Thread