+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior in arena battle...

Warrior in arena battle...

I have a protect spec that i use for tanking and with my pvp gear for Battlegrounds, and my fury spec for dps. do i necessarily have to switch to arms to be more competitive in arena?
    I have used fury to pvp and i die way too fast.
    In protect i survive longer and set other people's kills.
    Do i have to give up one of my specs for pvp, and switch to arms?

p.s can i pvp in my tanking gear or should i use my pvp gear?

tks.

I would suggest going Arms. It's pretty much the only viable spec for competitive arena. The usual 57/14 or 60/11 specs should work fine. You should also be using PvP gear.

I'd like a definition for 'competitive' first.

If you want to go all the way and be one of the top teams then Arms is the only way to go.

I believe you can still get plenty far with a prot spec, but though a tanking spec and a prot PvP spec are similar the talents that separate them make a world of difference in PvP. Some even moreso in Arenas, like Improved Spell Reflect and Safeguard.

Though there are plenty opinions on how to gear, I personally think gearing like an Arms warrior even with a Prot spec is a good way to go. In other words, PvP gear plus as much Armor Penetration as you can stand.

You could maybe hit 2k if you're good and your team is built around having a prot specced warrior. But as Kininye said you'd have to use a different spec than the standard PvE tanking spec if you want to be competitive.

tks very much for the help.
    i have to definitely improve my pvp skills, and ill probably switch my fury spec for arms (pvp), and start working on my skills.

+ Reply to Thread