+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prot War Gear review - need advise

Prot War Gear review - need advise

Howdy All

I am looking for some advise on my gear/gems.

Here is my armory link: The World of Warcraft Armory
    Def = 563
    Str = 1341
    Stam = 2547
    unbuffed hp = 33411 (a bit low)
    Exp = 19 (a bit low)
    Hit = 205 ( a bit low)
    My group runs with a Drani, and I use +40 Hit food

Mitigation
    D: 24.19%, P: 18.46%, B:26.51%

It has been suggeted that i swap my 2 hit gems and 2 str gems for HP gems. I am concerned that reducing my hit, and str that much will reduce threat production. - What do you think?

Also next gear steps...

I have the mats to make both the Indestructable plate girdel and the Spiked Death dealers, if I stak Stam in all the slots adding an eternal belt buckle I will add 1480 more HP. - What do you think - good move?

I was planning on replacing my Repelling charge with Glyph of Indomitability as soon as my emblem cout gets high enough.

Any and all suggestions are welcome.

What gear and gems will allow me to keep great threat production, and not take such a beating in heroic 25's?

Thanks

Wrong forum.

Moved.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

While I'm not sure what content your guild is currently working on, your health pool is definitely on the low side for ToC25 much less ToGC25 - regemming for stam won't really hit you too much in the threat department. If you're worried about threat sensitive fights, build an expertise set and get yourself a DMC: Greatness(strength.)

For threat, there are a of better alternatives than gemming for strength. You're below the expertise soft cap and getting yourself to 26 expertise would be the first step if threat is an issue.

Also, are you logged out in your block set because that's an awful lot of block gear for a warrior and with some notable exceptions, block is a substandard stat to focus on.

Finally, titanium weapon chain? Were you feeling the effects of the recession when it came time to enchant your gear?

Griff

I have teh abyss crystals, just wating on a better weapon to put a nice enchant on, this is a low level weapon and in need of replacement.

So basically you re-stated exactly what I did, thanks.

So I was looking for input surronding the next gear I shoudl be looking to get.

Yes I have a lot of Block - it's the best gear I have, so how about offering a gear set that I shoudl be going for?

Your did not actually make any suggestions other than the DMC. How about some gear suggestions?

I did put on the Boots and Belt HP now is 34521 unbuffed.
    I did replace the str gems with stam, and threat is still g2g.

What gear should I be looking for next, what raids shoudl I be focusing on?

Thanks

As previous posts have said, get rid of those hit gems / strength gems no real need to gem for that.

Cloak enchants, I'd go with either defense or agility. Chest, 10 stats is nice, I'd go with defense or 275 health.

Assuming you do ToC, you may come across the Juggernaut trinket, I have yet to see it , and will probably be replacing that repelling charge which will drop your defense quite a bit.

Your set is more than adequate to produce threat so maybe just different rotations.

Everything else seems good, try picking up some t9 for the 2pc which helps with threat along with the 2pc for t8.5.

But all in all, most of the stuff you'll be seeing in ToC 10 / 25 will be upgrades just try and grab that.

Cheers

Thanks for the feedback, only have a single hit gem left, and no more str gems.

I suspect you missed brewfest 170 stam trinkets, that's what I would use over repelling charge. If you did miss them, try running H AN for Essence of Gossamer or any of the other tank trinket from Ulduar25 will serve you.

Look at Badge Necklaces over Trinket.

Socketing suggestions
    30 stam on head
    Boots - 10 hit/15 stam, 30 stam
    Legs - 10 hit/15 stam, 10 expertise/15 stam
    Chest 10 expertise/15 stam, 30 stam
    Belt - 10 expertise/15 stam, 2x30 stam

I think that works out to a net gain of 3 stamina, 30 expertise rating (about 3-4 expertise skill), for a loss of 8 dodge. Don't completely ignore socket bonuses, just choose when to follow and when not to. The pants thing was really bad, putting purple gem on yellow socket when there was a red socket there.

If you still want more stam, pick up 22 stam to boots over tuskarrs.

Yea the pants thing sucked, but Iwoudl have burned two epic gems correcting it, as the stam gem was there first. I am hoping for a new set of legs soo, and will be a bit more carefull when placing gems, maybe tongiht I get some new pants

Actually I do have the Brefesst +170, my defense is now high enough I can lose the 84 def from that Naxx trinket.

My exp is now 22 unbuffed, and i always use a exp food buff
    last night I had no misses from melee in Ulduar 25/ voA 25
    So now ... need new pants, gloves, and trinkets

Thanks

I didn't make a big list of upgrades as you seemed like you weren't new to tanking and I assumed that you would know where your upgrades were.

I guess I should have remembered what they say about assumptions

Upgrade list:

Headplate of the Honorbound (triumph)
    T9 Shoulders (triumph)
    Cloak of the makers (Ulduar)
    Titanguard/Sorthalis (Ulduar)
    Saronite-plated Legguards (I think that's what they are called - from Auriya.)
    Black Heart/Stam trinket from TOC
    Shield from Hodir HM (10 man) or the TOC shield

Griff thanks...

I do know where all the huge lists of upgrades are, basically i was looking at what was working for folks, and of course the stuff that has a better the 1% drop chance.
    This is actually my very first wow toon, started last christmass, so even though i have a decent gear score I am still a noob, and still willing to take any and all good advice.

When it comes to tanking.... I feel like a noob everyday, fully buffed and last stand up I can hit 65K HP and still get 2 or 3 shotted due to mis timing a SW, or letting a shout fall off, so I am still a noob, no worries though.... we play to get better right??

+ Reply to Thread