+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which would be better for a Bear

Which would be better for a Bear

I have both [Twisted Visage] and [Fordragon Blades] with a +20 agi gem. I am having a problem in deciding which one to use tanking with. Both are enchanted with Mongoose.

Kalon's rating puts the blades at just slightly higher with +30 stam gem in them. TW probably has the edge with the agility gem in there.

Here is the rating for lvl 232 items.

I'd say Fordragon blades unless you really need the hit. They'll have more agility and more stamina, the feral AP is basically the same, and then you're talking about more AP, hit and crit vs haste and arpen, which are better threat stats for bears (marginally).

Thanks for posting this thread. I actually have the same exact question and will be following along to see what people have to say.

Thanks for the quick responses. I had a feeling that the Blades would be better in the long run. I was wondering why the Origin of Nightmares would be listed higher on the weight scale than the Blades. Even if i were to gem the Blades with stam they would have more agi, stam, and AP over the Origin of Nightmares. I'm mean i still have mine in the bank but that doesn't seem like it would be a better choice.

the 714 armor throws it over the top. I believe the scale for weapons weighs survival more heavily than TPS output. On the FbN scale it's probably significantly lower.

You can't trust scales implcitily and this is a great example why. I agree with Geros, its probally the honor that is screwing it up. I would say the Fordragon Blades by a fair bit. The gem slot is what pushes it for me, either agi for a very nice cat/bear weapon that suits both well, or for just straight +30 stam. (Which is hard to go wrong with)

As I've said in my more recent post, I need to rejigger the weights a bit so that threat is a bit more prevalent. Right now weapons heavily favor survivability over threat, and that's why Origin beats either of these choices; it's hard to go wrong with 150 stamina and another 714 armor.

However, that's ignoring how important threat is.

In any case, Fordragon blades will beat TV regardless of what other stuff is going on.

+ Reply to Thread