+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rawr gear suggestions, can it be wrong?

Rawr gear suggestions, can it be wrong?

This is kinda a two part question involving tanking basics and gear so here goes;

Last night a friend of mine input all my information and gear choices into RAWR. I gained 2k hp and around 1% parry but lost 32 points of defense which dropped me to 508 defense as opposed to 542.

My question is should I ignore RAWR and put back on the blue items with Defense rating or do I keep with it and leave on the Epic DPS gear until I get an upgrade to the items it asked me to change out?

I'm new to tanking and have looked on Wowwiki, and a number of other sites before coming here. If I'm not tanking a raid boss is being 30 points low on defense going to kill a group farming heroics?

please move us to HALP forum!

please link us your amory

You need at least 535 defense (without resiliance) for heroics and 540 (again, not talking with resil) as a pally/warrior/dk. Rawr won't necessarily take that into account.

thanks

It may be that Rawr is also taking into account any resilience you may have lurking around on your gear.

I know I can get away with lower defence because I carry some resilience (shoulder enchant)

Be a Champion, not a hero.
    Drae

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1454507.jpg

I would say priority for a tank is defense cap. Tempered saronite gear, or Epic craftables (Tempered Titansteel Helm/boots) will get you where you need to be.

Oh, and rep rewards! Can't forget those, Argent rep, sons of Hodir rep, all of that good stuff.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Rawr can absolutely be wrong. The person that made it is human, and makes mistakes.

However, that doesn't sound like what happened here. Keep in mind that Rawr is a tool; it will do exactly what you tell it to do.

When you optimize, make sure you use the correct criteria. Specify either defense > 540 or crit chance = 0% [I don't remember which is normally used, since I play a druid main]. The choose your other stats depending on what you want.

Generally I don't use the Overall setting anymore; it's too varied for my tastes. One piece might have an incredible overall score because it has a ton of threat stats, but no mitigation and not much survival.

For my druid, I use:
    -Survival [best score obtainable]
    -Mitigation [obtain 80k rating]

This gives me a good-but-not-incredible mitigation rating - basically, a lot of dodge, armor and maybe some crit/AP for SD procs - and then maxes out my stamina and armor value so I can survive for longer when I get hit. However, this isn't always the best option.

+ Reply to Thread