+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Armor degeneration before repair

Armor degeneration before repair

I feel like a nube jes asking this, but I can't find any info on it anywhere.

How does armor degeneration effect your armor? i.e. If you have only 50% armor and can't repair, is your armor value dropped by 50%? Or some other percentage? Or are you good until it hits zero? Was in Ony last night and found myself dying a couple times when I usually don't (MT, on the adds in phase 2). Then noticed somehow I'd let my armor percentage hit red (23%). Was that a factor?

no - until its broken 0% its 100% effective

Thanks! That is what I thought.. but started 2nd guessing myself!

Don't go into a fight with less then about 13-15% durability on you gear left though. If you die and you get combat ressed your gear will suffer 10% durability loss, probably be broken and you are useless.

Run away from blast nova.

also its a much bigger repair cost. i know its obvious..but people do let their durability drop then are faced with massive repair bills.
    Belgariad: EU : Lightnings Blade. Once a Tank. Always a Tank.

it doesn't matter if you repair at 90% 10 times or 1 time at 0%, it costs the same. Repair costs depends entirely on how many durability points are required to replenish the item to 100%.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

It's worth considering that even if your gear as a whole is at 12%, an individual item could be at 0%. Shields and weapons take more beating than the rest - hopefully you'd notice if either was missing, but it's always a possibility. Also possible that another individual piece of gear was broken - you never know.

Talking to another guildie, he brought up a good point.. jes 'cause my overall was at 23%, since it was showing red, I prolly had a piece or two that was down to zero (thus broken), especially since weapons and shield tend to go down faster than armor. BTW.. I did start the fight at 75%, but we wiped so many times.... *sighs*

I usually make it a habit to repair after every wipe. If no repair vendor is readily available, and nobody has a bot or a mount, then I'll wander off to repair at about 40% durability.

Agreed with above, repair between each wipe unless there's no repair vendor near by, in which case, I repair and call it out on vent as well to repair when I reach 30%

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

If you do want to make money effectiveness, it's worth holding out for repair points that give you a discount. If without it would cost 90g to repair, you can save a lot of money with an exalted discount. =)
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

I use RepairFu - it shows the repair % and on mouseover alll your gear thats not at 100% with an estimated repair cost.

+ Reply to Thread