+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Ariedan's UI

Whoa, hey there, Belghast! Long time no talk!

Quote Originally Posted by Ariedan View Post
    It's not due to a lack of speed my UI hasn't been uploaded yet..

When I upload it and test it, it won't remember any profiles. I've asked in several forums, and can't get an answer as to why not.
    Hum. The only thing I can think of is that profiles are saved in the WTF/Account/<ACCOUNTNAME>/SavedVariables folder, or in the SavedVariables folders under individual character names under the server's name.

But I'm sure you already knew that.
    風林火山陰雷

ಠ ,ಠ
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - it's time to roll the dice

It's so weird.

It seems to only malfunction when I delete all my other character folders (none of which even use a UI). But if I copy-paste the existing WTF folder in and out and keep all the character folders intact, bam, it works.

Here are all the folders I have:
    WTF -> Account -> ACCOUNT NAME -> SERVER NAME -> CHARACTER NAME

I've deleted nothing in the folders except the other characters besides the [CHARACTER NAME] one, and as said before, it's like I'm deleting the WTF folder, because it remembers NOTHING.

I've uploaded a UI compilation before, and had no issues. I don't know what's happening here.

It's probably because of how the add-ons save the profiles -- seems they direct them at the character folders.

You could try to create a blank character, load the profiles on it, and just save that single folder.

EDIT: Oh. You tried that. Hmn. No idea, then.
    風林火山陰雷

ಠ ,ಠ

I'm not sure if it's necessarily a profile issue, though. It's as though I didn't throw in the WTF folder at all, and only saved the Interface folder. It looks like I'm doing something wrong, but at the same time, I'm doing nothing differently.

Well, how's this. Create a new WTF folder, set everything up manually (yeah, that's gonna be a pain...) and only log in on one character. That should mean there's no other character in the WTF folder.

I don't see any other way to do it, unfortunately. :/
    風林火山陰雷

ಠ ,ಠ

take your time Ariedan ^_^ cant wait for your UI

Reflux

one thing im wondering in particular is how your ui has that metallic/ modern streamlined look to it - i know for a fact my xperl doesnt look like that nor my recount/outfitter etc
    Last edited by bohrium; 10-06-2009 at 02:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bohrium View Post
    one thing im wondering in particular is how your ui has that metallic/ modern streamlined look to it - i know for a fact my xperl doesnt look like that nor my recount/outfitter etc
    Jep. And I only know Skinner to change the looks of this, but she isn't using it. So how do you skin your X-Perl Unit Frames and stuff, Ariedan??
    Threat is epic and binds on pickup

I've done everything I can, down to trying Reflux, to completely copying my entire WTF folder to try on my second account, to making another character and copying the profiles as its own. NOTHING IS WORKING. I have no idea wtf is causing this.. it doesn't even make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfist View Post
    Jep. And I only know Skinner to change the looks of this, but she isn't using it. So how do you skin your X-Perl Unit Frames and stuff, Ariedan??
    I added a tooltip folder within the Interface folder that adds a border, as well as using a texture from my MyMedia folder (HalE is the name of it).

If anything, I can upload these things for those who are extremely impatient. :P

Hm I think I can wait until you've done the nasty work with your profiles ;-)
    But Thanks for the Tips, i will work on this
    Threat is epic and binds on pickup

One of the UI-features I was looking for is how you get your action-bars to "pulse" or "scale" when they're off CD. Is that part of Dominos or a separate add-on?

WTF\Account\ACCOUNTANME\REALMNAME\CHARACTERNAME\la yout-local.txt
    holds X-perl info, bartender, Sexymap, etc.

...\chat-cache.txt
    holds info for Prat.

There are no set "profile" files at all, and depending on the modifications you added the information gets stored in a number of places. Of course, you've probably figured that out by now.

When you tested this, what mods were in working order, and what mods were obviously missing profiles?

Quote Originally Posted by Roarc View Post
    One of the UI-features I was looking for is how you get your action-bars to "pulse" or "scale" when they're off CD. Is that part of Dominos or a separate add-on?
    You can use OmniCC to do that:

OmniCC : WoWInterface Downloads : Casting Bars and Cooldowns

OmniCC Pulse : WoWInterface Downloads : Plug-Ins & Patches

Which addon was displaying the huge graphic of revenge in the middle of the screen in the Prot Warrior guide?

ghostpulse
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Can't wait for this UI to come out. I hope you can get it working Ariedan!

I went as far as deleting everything and recreating my UI, and still, to no avail. It doesn't remember anything. I even copied and pasted the folder directly into a second account -without editing ANYTHING- and it wouldn't work.

Sorry, guys.

+ Reply to Thread