+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paladin 9.25 4 piece/5 piece?

Paladin 9.25 4 piece/5 piece?

So we have been doing ToC 25 every week, and I am the MT for all the raids, Ive been picking up gear and atm have 3 pieces of 9.25 and I am about to get my 4th next week. Yeah i picked the worst piece to start with (the legs) but for my toon at the time it was the biggest upgrade. Now the question I have is the 4 piece worth getting or should i not worry about it and pick up the other ilvl 245 pieces instead? if so what is the best idea for the 4 piece? I am assuming most of you will say to replace the legs.

The World of Warcraft Armory

Anything else I can improve?

Personally, i don't think the legs a bad piece at all. You have to get hit from somwhere, and there isn't much of it on ToC gear. Gloves would be my next choice, they are itemized quite nicely.

Unless you've got a pocket warrior to always keep up tclap, you should pick up Vindication for the AP debuff on bosses.

should i go for 5 pieces or keep the bp that i have?

Personally I stopped at the 2 piece (Gloves and Chest) with the badge helm, Jaraxxus-25 legs and Faction Champions-10 shoulders. I've considered picking up the 9.25 Shoulders to replace them but I've not really considered going for the 4-piece as I prefer the off-set helm and legs.

I must say, I don't really "get" the 4-piece bonus. Avenging Wrath doesn't trigger Forbearance and it has a 3 minute cooldown anyway, as does Divine Protection. Since they're both self-cast anyway, I don't really see how 1.5 minute Forbearance helps as it's not like you get to use them more often. It's rare you'll DP yourself and I usually only use it on someone if something's already gone horrifically wrong so a reduced cooldown on that doesn't seem amazing. I guess it could come in handy for cleansing Impale on Gordok?

I don't know maybe (probably) I'm missing something but I just don't see the point in it.

The 4pc bonus applies to all sources that would cause Forbearance. In other words, it'll take 30 seconds off of your CDs for Divine Protection, Divine Shield, and Hand of Protection if cast on yourself. Also, my Divine Protection is on a 2 min CD, 1.5 with my 4pc. I don't see how you've got 3 minutes unless you're not talented into it.

Yeah my bad, I completely forgot about Sacred Duty when I was writing the post. In that case I see some benefit to the bonus but I'm still not convinced it's amazing. I guess it depends on how well the reduced cooldown fits into boss abilities that might need it - for example, does the 4-piece mean you can avoid needing external cooldowns on Vezax or Mimiron Phase 1? I guess fights like that would be where it saw its true value if it could give you something you'd otherwise need a third party for. Thanks

So many boss abilities are on a 45 second cooldown-plasma blast at mimiron being a prime example. Instead of having a shield wall every third blast you would have it every second. We dont know what abilities citadel bosses will have, so this could be a more forward thinking bonus rather than one designed with ToC/ulduar in mind.

Extra cooldowns and/or shorter cooldowns are ALWAYS a good thing. The point of shieldwall is either to deal with predictable damage, or to deal with oh-shit damage. Since none of the pieces you'd be swapping out are a significant DOWNgrade, I'd go ahead and get the 4piece.

I have to admit - my FIRST reaction when I saw T9 was ewwwwww legs. But you know what? With DPS creeping up on me, with the threat nerfs in 3.2.2, with wanting to switch back to Mongoose from Accuracy, with the utter lack of hit rating and BV on TOC gear.... the legs dropped for me in VOA the other day and I think I may start wearing them even over my Feverish Dedications. The reality is... avoidance just doesn't matter right now. EH, Threat, and not missing taunts all do. As much as it is counter to most things tanky I've always been taunt, I may be putting those Tier pants on.

245 Chest, Head, Gloves, Legs,

Get the shoulders from ToGC 10man, Pauldrons of the Silver Defender, Its Str, Stam, 2 Sockets, Def, Parry, BV.

BIS, IMO unless you wanna go for either

5/5tier, which id dumb

or the crafted chest, and 4/5 tier of the other pieces.

But honestly, the 10man Heroic shoulders are bad ass. and best way to gear imo.

+ Reply to Thread