+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior Glyphs

Warrior Glyphs

Hey guys, been reading up on a lot of info here and I've seen some great stuff that's helped me incredibly.

I've just been having a little think about my glyphs, though, and I suppose it comes to personal preference. I'm a tank, usually OT in raids for guild... and my threat isn't too bad, tbh! But atm, as I said, been considering my glyphs. My majors are Blocking, Revenge and Dev... love the quick stacking and extra threat on the Devs, and Blocking is just awesome for harder SS's. But I've been thinking about my aoe tanking lately, and been finding kinda mediocre to tank more than 3 mobs; usually just tab spam Dev and SS when it procs lol, and I also make use of Cleave when I'm in those endless rage situations. Ofc Thunderclap and Shockwave are awesome too. But I'm finding that with more than 3 or 4 mobs, I'm just not gaining enough threat. I'm actually spamming Challenging Shout when it's off CD and taunting/mb to get threat back.

It also doesn't help my guild is like totally overgeared for 5mans and 10man raids lol. Hunters and Warlocks are threat greedy tbh!!

But anyway, I was wondering if replacing Glyph of Revenge for Sunder would help me with aoe threat on trash?

Thanks guys, looking forward to your replies.

Armory Link

Short answer: Make the paladin do it!

Seriously, though, it may take you a little getting used to not having those occasional "free" HSes and modifying your rage usage accordingly, but of those three glyphs, revenge is definitely the one to give up. Replacing it with either sunder, or even cleave if you're so inclined, would give you a boost in AE situations.

If the glyphs aren't overly pricey on your server, you could even consider replacing dev and revenge with cleave and sunder for trash, and then swapping back for bosses as necessary. It's certainly a more money-hungry option, but if you're wanting to go all out about it, it's there.

Finally, if the problem is more threat-riding guildies pulling from you in five mans, remember that they're prime vigilance targets, and more or less as geared as you, so they can survive a couple of seconds while you pull their new-found friend back off of 'em.

Thanks for the reply!

It's funny you should say that, before I made my Arms spec I was duel-talents in Prot for that very purpose and found that I couldn't actually hold threat as well as I could using my MS. The build consisted of everything you see in my talents for MS but instead of my Impale build I specced further into Fury for Improved Cleave. Still had my talents in Deflection for Arms ofc. But when I tanked UP Heroic, I failed miserably. Good thing I told my group I was respeccing for a trial lol or they would've kicked me. But yeah, I had Glyph of Cleave, Sunder and Blocking in that spec and found my threat abysmal for some reason; it just wasn't the same as my MS.

Maybe I was doing something wrong, I don't know. The only thing I found was that my main target had the same threat as the rest of my other targets, and was kind of consistant but not making enough tps for the dps'ers to go all out!

As I said, I'm not usually rage starved, and I love the warrior class with how difficult tanking can be sometimes - provides a challenge lol - but sometimes I wish there was an easier way to hold threat without tabbing through your mobs lol. Maybe that's just me being lazy!

Alteratively, instead of tabbing through, you can pop the mob health bars up with V and just pick the one with the most health and let fly, using TClap and the occasional shockwave to keep the rest of them in line. That's not really a response to glyph choices, though... heh

Here's something I don't know, but I'll throw it out there anyway: Would the extra three seconds off shockwave from the glyph is actually worthwhile for these types of AE situations? Depending on how long it's taking people to pull from you, and how long mobs are taking to die, it might.

Good point, and I'll try it out. Makes sense to go for the one with most health I suppose lol.

And about Shockwave glyph... I'm not sure. I've heard a lot of people to just stay away from it. Those shaved 3 seconds sound good, but Blocking and Dev glyphs are just too valuable for threat. I suppose I could trial it with replacing Revenge before trying out Sunder... I'll let you know what happens.

Just to let you know, ran UK Heroic and Nexus Heroic with the new Shockwave glyph. Nice to use it more often, but still doesn't solve my threat issue with adds. No worries though, I've been clicking on the mobs instead of tabbing and it's working a treat. Thanks for that! Also got myself the Sunder glyph, but havent tested it yet. Will see what it's like tomorrow. Thanks again!

+ Reply to Thread