+ Reply to Thread

Thread: T9 VS T9 offset(look alike's)

T9 VS T9 offset(look alike's)

i was wondering if the t9 offset's are better then the t9 sets as far as stats go, i was somewhat under the impression that tier pieces are usually better then the offsets but Ive been hearing more and more about the offsets then the actual sets. so do you guys think that tier9 is better then the offset or the other way around. just curious

Personally I think some are yes.
    Faceplate of the Honorbound
    Chestplate of the Towering Monstrosity
    Legguards of Feverish Dedication

The helm is a clear winner over the tier (aside from maybe the heroic T9.75). The chest and legs are very comparable to the T9.5/T9.75, but better than the regular T9 in my opinion.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

For the leggings, I definitely prefer the offset ones. For the other parts, it depends if you can get the 25-man T9 or only the 10-man T9.
    If you can get the 25-man, I would say that since the critical block chance has doubled since 3.2.2, the 4p set bonus has become interesting, so I think it may be worth taking it.
    If you can only get the 10-man T9, I would go for the offset parts, the stats are much better.

what about the badge shoulders vs warrior T9.25 ... def, dodge and parry on em and almost 30 more strength .. same health, but no expertise ??

thoughts

I think the set, even the lvl 245 one, just isn't worth taking 4 pieces because of the block value/rating on greaves/helm... I think this is just a wasted stat in normal pdk raiding as bosses just hit too hard for block to make a signifficant difference. Now most tanks I see wear 2 parts (shoulders and gloves) of the set.
    But in my opinion, with Faceplate of the Honorbound; Chestplate of the Towering Monstrosity and the Legguards of Feverish Dedication together with the Set-shoulders you would just sit on a huge amount of expertise and dodge... as i have no threat-issues i will take the Set-chest over the Set-shoulders and use the Shoulderplates of the Enduring Order to get some more parry into my gear.

thoughts

You also need to remember that the off set pieces also have a ton of DEF, so you are in a sense getting some of that parry your looking for.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

+ Reply to Thread