+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is there a problem here :)

Is there a problem here :)

Hey,

Offtopic: Long time reader

Ontopic: so basically, i kind of have a problem (or is it a problem?)

Im a main spec prot paladin, and currently my defence sits are 562.

Now, i dont see that as a problem, but, im wondering wat i should do about my gemming..

The World of Warcraft Armory

thats my armory, im struggling with yellow gems..

Also, is my spec out dated?

Thanks in advance!

You don't need to stick to the socket color with gems. Socket bonuses are sometimes less valuable then what you'd get from the gem of your choice.

I have a couple of basic rules for gemming. First is that if the socket bonus is less the +stam just ignore it and put what you want in the piece. Anything less then +9stam you trade to much and don't get the benefit.

Second if you need to match sockets or activate metas then Agil/Stam in Red, Def/Stam in yellow unless you are enhancing a specific piece. For example I have some Str/Stam and Hit/Stam gems in my Threat gear.
    Roll with the punches.

Sorry i skimmed over the Spec part.

Your spec is a little bit dated, here is the things you need to look at:
    - SA - you can get by in 95% of situations with only one point in SA
    - Reckoning - This points are interesting, firstly you only need to spend 3 points to get further down the tree. The choice is between Reckoning, Divinity or Devine sacrifice (Threat, Survivability or Utility respectively.) None of them are the right choice it is just personal preference.

Those two changes alone will give you enough points to get Vindication which as far as im concerned is now a mandatory talent. It can be up to 20% damage mitigation.

In terms of SotP it is slightly worse threat then Crusade against DUH (Demon, Undead, Humanoid) targets which encompasses most of ToC. But it is better against all other mobs so it is still a solid choice.

Hope that hasn’t confused the topic.
    Roll with the punches.

Thanks for the replies

think i understand them :P

Going to try flip some gems around, and check some other specs out.

Check Irat's pallys spec out. I swapped over to it from my old spec and found that it works just as well.

Right, i think ill give irats spec a try.

Im a little confused with divine sacrifice atm.. Do i cast it on myself, a person, or is it just clicked and then everyone, 30 yards from me, i will be absorbing some of there damage taken ?

Edit: Quick question, why glyph of salvation? Wont you lose alot of threat?
    Last edited by Bennys; 10-01-2009 at 03:43 AM.

Divine Sacrifice is a self-cast spell that redirects all damage from the raid to yourself for a short period of time - this earned it the nickname "Raid Wall" amongst a lot of people.

Of course, redirecting heavy AoE damage to yourself effectively amounts to it being just another Paladin suicide button unless you bubble first. Yes, bubble absorbs damage from Divine Sacrifice just as it would any other damage and as a bonus it has two seconds longer duration than Divine Sacrifice.

I recommend the following macro:

/cancelaura Divine Sacrifice
    /canelaura Divine Shield
    /castsequence reset=3 Divine Shield, Divine Sacrifice
    Bind it to whatever key you like and press once for bubble, again for DS and then a third time to cancel them off should you need to cancel them early for any reason.

Obviously with it involving a bubble it has an inherent threat reduction component, so you'll need to only use it on an untankable part of a fight or when you're an OT with no current danger of adds being on you.

Some good examples of time to use it are: Tympanic Tauntrum on XT, Detonating Lashers on Freya, Mimiron Phase 2 or Faction Champions.

EDIT: As for Glyph of Salvation, it can only really be used on certain fights. Freya's a good example - if you're MT on Freya you have six waves worth of adds in which to build a huge threat lead (I'd be surprised if you weren't at 1 million threat by the time she's damagable) then reducing your incoming damage by 20% in exchange for the threat loss is fine. In other fights such as Vezax where keeping above the DPS is a very real concern, it wouldn't be advisable. I usually use Glyph of Judgement as my default but carry a few Glyphs of Salvation in my bag just in case I want to switch for certain fights.
    Last edited by Mert; 10-01-2009 at 04:10 AM.

Riight, thanks for the macro, going for a respec now, then ill be able to try it in the raid tonight!

+ Reply to Thread