+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: TankSpot's Protection Warrior Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Bronsen View Post
    Okay, just wanted to say I think your UI setup is absolutely gorgeous.. The organization of it, along with how it has a very clean look makes me somewhat... Okay, not somewhat, but very jealous! I've spent tons of time moving my UI around, trying to keep it clean and organized, and it seems I never could find a good enough setup. I then found myself watching your vid on Prot Wars and pretty much feel in love with it. I also noticed you had some addons that would be very handy to have! But I still can't get over the setup, haha. So yea, well done!

--side note--
    From time to time I'm on tankspot lurking around, but never made an account until I saw your post. Felt that it was more than enough reason to make on, and throw you a compliment! xD
    Consider me flattered! I'm just waiting on WoWInterface to approve the upload, and it'll be available for download.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariedan View Post
    Consider me flattered! I'm just waiting on WoWInterface to approve the upload, and it'll be available for download.
    hehe I was like... I wonder if she has a thread in the "UI compliations." I was saddened when you didn't, but now I'm glad you're putting one together!
    "Stop trying to hit me and hit me!"

~ Morpheus

QUOTE:
    We have heroic throw, which if talented, silences the target for 3 seconds

QUESTION:
    Which Talent?
    Last edited by Kazeyonoma; 10-01-2009 at 09:27 AM. Reason: no fonts you!

Quote Originally Posted by Halandir View Post
    hehe I was like... I wonder if she has a thread in the "UI compliations." I was saddened when you didn't, but now I'm glad you're putting one together!
    Never thought about it, to be honest. I enjoy messing around with my UI, but I never really expected anyone else to enjoy it.

It's taking an awfully long time to be approved, bah.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronaldo View Post
    QUOTE:

QUESTION:
    Which Talent?
    Gag order is the talent

Quote Originally Posted by Cronaldo View Post
    QUOTE:

QUESTION:
    Which Talent?
    Gag Order - Spell - World of Warcraft
    I feel like butter melting on top of a big ol' stack of flapjacks.

I've been around on this website for a long while, and while I do not find this video guide to be all that applicable to me, and I personally have a different priority on some of the nuances, this is the first video guide on this website that I have liked. I find most of the content guides to be over the top and spammy (that's just a personal thing however, most of the guides are quality work, however, I personally come to this site for information on my class, and peer to peer communication rather then strat guides on how to do bosses) however, as unapplicable as this is to me I feel dropping it right where people can see it is a good thing. Educating the new warriors coming up and helping them get into the habbits of tanking are always a good thing. I know when I first rolled my warrior up, although the mechanics of tanking were different back then it would have been nice to have such a clean and cut and dry way of communicating these ideas to me - it would have saved me, and I'm sure almost all of the warrirors out there a lot of time.

Thank you very much for taking the time and effort to put together this guide. Great job on it.

What the name of the song in the background? and by who?

Great guide now I wont to see one for Paladin's

Very nice guide. I've been warrior tanking for years so the best parts was by far her voice!
    Now I've got an up and coming DK tank and would really love to see a video a DK tank.

guide and UI

Nice beginner guide to teach the basics. Definitely good to have on tankspot. Regarding your UI, I must say I was a but taken aback by it since it is eerily similar to the one I have been posting on tank-spot for the last few months in the interface threads.

Had you come accross this before? My raid frames are handled by pitbull along the left had side, as small as are readable. What strick me are you omen, recount, chat, and even your stance bare are positioned and sized the same as mine.

Wow, that's so weird! It's almost identical. But yeah.. I've been using this set-up since the beginning of Wrath, before I even hit 80.

Hey! Hey hey hey!

Stop posting! We're raiding here!
    Forth, and fear no darkness! Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered! A sword day...a red day...ere the sun rises! Ride for ruin and the world's ending!

I can post in between wipes!

Loving your voice and your UI

Hi Crisis! thanks so much for your wonderful and helpful post! do you mind posting that Ui compilation

... omg irl female warrior tank ... shudder ... never seen a good one yet ... 99.9% of em are badiators

Quote Originally Posted by Sirloinsteak View Post
    ... omg irl female warrior tank ... shudder ... never seen a good one yet ... 99.9% of em are badiators

They exist. We are just few and far between.

Regarding the debate emerging here about threat and those two threads it was my understanding from Kazeyonoma's comments therein that we were more or less back to the familiar ss > rev > deva > deva flow and that cb and sw weaving was more for dps than tps. Was that thinking more refined?

Criss... Who's voice is this?!?!

Great video, although, you sounded... KID BOP-ISH! <3

Thanks!

Wonderful Guide! It really is all that and a bag of chips.

Grats on doing such a great job with it!

Not only will this help me personally, but it's a great resource I can share with the new tanks in my guild when they have questions and could use examples etc.

...once again proving why Tankspot has become such a great resource for the tanking community.

Kudos.

Very nice UI btw, too!

+ Reply to Thread