+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bloodrage - viable threat?

Bloodrage - viable threat?

I read somewhere on these forums that threat generated from bloodrage is good enough to use in your rotation whenever it's off CD. I believe that this topic was quite outdated but im not sure about it.

1. Is it good to use bloodrage to generate threat now? (you can add rage generated to HS usage too)
    2. If not single-targeted could it be viable as aoe-threat builder?
    3. If it is good enough in single-target situation is it good enough to use instead of SS on SnB proc?

It's 20 rage * 5 threat/ rage plus an additional 10 rage * 5 threat/rage * stance mod.

In total you do about 100 damage worth of threat, split amongst all units you're in combat with. Shield Slams does more base damage than that.

But all that doesn't matter, because Bloodrage isn't on the Global Cooldown, so you should use it whenever you are 'low' (<30-40) rage and it's off cooldown

thanks for info im quite new to tanking as warrior (ye i was that ez-mode tankadin before) and forgot 'bout bloodrage not having gcd

According to Satrina's threat values rage gain is not effected by the stance multiplier.

Which means bloodrage gives less threat than doing 1(!!) damage.

But as Wartotem said there are many other reasons to pop it frequently.

Gives no threat to speak of.

Perhaps you read that imp bloodrage gives more rage than anger management or something?

I wish I could still battleshout tank.

"is it good enough to use instead of SS on SnB proc?"

Wow bro.

Gives no threat to speak of.
    I wouldn't discount it. A guildy of mine once wiped a raid on Prince in Karazhan because the tank body pulled, and he popped his Bloodrage before the tank hit the mob. Bloodrage pulled the aggro.

It's just something to be aware of, even though it lacks a practical use.

on Auriaya i use bloodrage for the opening pull, we have a hunter to drop snake trap then when the catts and her aggro i hide around one of the walls pop bloodrage and have instant aggro on all three. then the off tank pulls one of the cats off of me. so yes i would say it gives a good amount of threat but doubtful to use it in my rotation

Quote Originally Posted by WarTotem View Post
    It's 20 rage * 5 threat/ rage plus an additional 10 rage * 5 threat/rage * stance mod.

In total you do about 100 damage worth of threat, split amongst all units you're in combat with. Shield Slams does more base damage than that.

But all that doesn't matter, because Bloodrage isn't on the Global Cooldown, so you should use it whenever you are 'low' (<30-40) rage and it's off cooldown
    Initial 20 rage is not modified by stance (5 threat per rage * 100% modifier). The extra 10 rage from ticks are affected by stance's 207.35% modifier (5 threat per rage * 207.35% modifier).

So you get 100 threat from the initial pop and an additional 104 threat from the 10 extra rage ticks, for a total of 204 threat (208 threat with Armsman enchant). http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f14/5...devastate.html

It is nice to use Bloodrage immediately after the pull to get a little bit more than social agro on anything not directly damaged. There are a lot of little trinket procs and buffs that classes can do that cause a minuscule amount of damage, but a minuscule amount is still greater than the 0 threat from social agro.

204/208 threat is very close to what you get from doing 100 damage, which is what I said, wasn't it? It's actually 98.384... damage, but 100 sounded nicer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

It does have a tiny bit of threat, yes, just as some other buffs do. And as was mentioned, about the only time it's going to do anything is on a pull when nothing else is going on.

It can get you threat over a body pull in the same way a mage casting Focus Magic on someone can. As OT I've managed to accidentally take aggro off the pulling tank by having Bloodrage active on the pull. /blush

+ Reply to Thread