+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DPS shaman (enhancement)

DPS shaman (enhancement)

hey. just a quick question. Does anyone know of a good shaman website other than EJ. I want to make sure i'm up to date on the enhancement shaman and how to get the most out of the character

Expertise (to soft cap) = hit (to spell cap) > haste > ap > crit > agi > int

Pretty much the basics...EJ is definitely the best site for enhancement knowledge, but I don't think they keep the theorycrafting think tank article up to date anymore. However enhsim is still the best tool available for simming upgrades...best if used in conjunction w/rawr.

But basically, get hit and expertise to their respective caps and then get as much haste and ap as you can. Enhancement shaman are probably the only melee class that actually gets good use out of haste (and it even works as intended for us...we get to push buttons faster...more maelstrom procs). It's pretty close to Attack Power in raw value, however. It's best to use enhsim to determine your own values based on your own current gear and then work out what's best for you get from there.

Enhancement shaman are difficult to gear simply because of the raw NUMBER of stats we have to get. We need to have our "don't miss" stats capped, just like everyone else, but additionally we get AP from 3 sources (raw AP, int and agi), a lot of our proces are based off of crit (specifically Unleashed Rage and Elemental Devastation) so you can't just neglect it entirely, we also get spell crit from int and melee crit from agi in addition to the AP we get from them, so they have some reasonable value as well...and of course a lot of mail has ArP...which isn't really that great a stat for us (obviously with all our spell damage), but it's almost impossible to avoid too...so knowing its value is important.

Quote Originally Posted by Xunda- View Post
    hey. just a quick question. Does anyone know of a good shaman website other than EJ. I want to make sure i'm up to date on the enhancement shaman and how to get the most out of the character
    There may be, but I found the EJ site to be the best one when I started investigating it. I have to warn you, The EJ one is a bit dated, but it is a bit easier to read then the typical EJ fare.

thanks for the input

Quote Originally Posted by Ion View Post
    Expertise (to soft cap) = hit (to spell cap) > haste > ap > crit > agi > int

Pretty much the basics...EJ is definitely the best site for enhancement knowledge, but I don't think they keep the theorycrafting think tank article up to date anymore. However enhsim is still the best tool available for simming upgrades...best if used in conjunction w/rawr.

But basically, get hit and expertise to their respective caps and then get as much haste and ap as you can. Enhancement shaman are probably the only melee class that actually gets good use out of haste (and it even works as intended for us...we get to push buttons faster...more maelstrom procs). It's pretty close to Attack Power in raw value, however. It's best to use enhsim to determine your own values based on your own current gear and then work out what's best for you get from there.

Enhancement shaman are difficult to gear simply because of the raw NUMBER of stats we have to get. We need to have our "don't miss" stats capped, just like everyone else, but additionally we get AP from 3 sources (raw AP, int and agi), a lot of our proces are based off of crit (specifically Unleashed Rage and Elemental Devastation) so you can't just neglect it entirely, we also get spell crit from int and melee crit from agi in addition to the AP we get from them, so they have some reasonable value as well...and of course a lot of mail has ArP...which isn't really that great a stat for us (obviously with all our spell damage), but it's almost impossible to avoid too...so knowing its value is important.
    Hrmm.. I'm not an expert on enh shaman, mine just hit 80, but what I read seems to point to agi being the best stat after hit/expertise, simply because we need crit to proc stuff, and it buffs both AP and crit simultaneously. For shamans, Agi->Crit isn't gimped as badly as rogues/hunters. I'm sure there is a balance between AP and crit, but I have no clue where that is, would need to simulate it.

Agi only gives melee crit, not spellcrit. Because of that, it is worse than AP & crit separately
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

Mine is not quite hit capped but I stack AP and a mix of AGI. I can pull about 4.5k sometimes more in Ulduar 25 with my current setup.

The World of Warcraft Armory

WoW Heroes - World of Warcraft PvE character info & ratings

+ Reply to Thread