+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Personal Rating calculation

Personal Rating calculation

I have a fast question:
    It happens that i am in a 2v2 team with 2 other guys. The team will reach 1800 rating from the other 2 guys and that's cool cause i get points too. However i was wondering, is it possible that i play a small portion of games in order to increase my personal rating? Right now its at 950 and i'm just aiming for the 1300 for all the relentless honor bought stuff (bracers/belt/boots). I know its possible but how can i achieve this? And its pretty sure i wont be up to the challenge so most of the games (if not all) will be loses even if the healer i'll play with plays at 2.5k normally

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jokeaccount View Post
    I have a fast question:
    It happens that i am in a 2v2 team with 2 other guys. The team will reach 1800 rating from the other 2 guys and that's cool cause i get points too. However i was wondering, is it possible that i play a small portion of games in order to increase my personal rating? Right now its at 950 and i'm just aiming for the 1300 for all the relentless honor bought stuff (bracers/belt/boots). I know its possible but how can i achieve this? And its pretty sure i wont be up to the challenge so most of the games (if not all) will be loses even if the healer i'll play with plays at 2.5k normally

thanks
    You won't get TEAM points if you're way below them. If you have 30% games played for the week you'll get points as if you were 1500 rated.

As for the rating, it sounds like you might wanna find a new partner that plays more at your level and you wouldn't be dropping another group's team rating.

Well i was thinking that if i played like 2-3 games my rating PR would go up to the team rating really fast (even with one game O_o). So losing 10-20 points wouldn't make such a difference to those guys. And from what you say 30% of the games is way too much -_-. Better this way though. THis team started with losses and our MMR was so low we started losing points at 800 rating

Your personal rating only goes up when you win. When you play with someone with a higher personal rating typically you face teams with match making ratings in between the two. What this means for your partner is every win they gain a small amount of points (or even none) and every loss they lose a huge amount of points. For you on the other hand every win gains a huge amount of points and every loss you lose a small amount of points. Assuming you play 30% of the matches for the week you will receive arena points based on YOUR personal rating unless it is within 150 points of the team rating. It is always better to face higher rated teams as long as there is a chance you can beat them . Just keep in mind that you will be holding them back if you can't play on their level.

You can't go up in 2-3 wins. Max You can get is around 50/win in the low brackets.

+ Reply to Thread