+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gearing for magic-heavy fights

Gearing for magic-heavy fights

I have two things to ask about.

The first is about the T8 4-piece set bonus: 20% magic damage reduction while shield block is up. As I slowly replace my T8 stuff, I figured I would keep it around for fights where most of the damage is magic.

I'm also toying with the idea of re-gemming my T8.5 helm with Effulgent Skyflare Diamond for those fights, now that it (supposedly) works the way it should now.

I don't have a lot of good info to help me make those decisions. Any thoughts on what fights (if any) would make those things worth using at the expense of a little stam (200-300 hp per piece) and physical mitigation stats?

Mimiron, Steelbreaker and Hodir are good examples. In almost all cases the % damage reduction from the 4pc will far outweigh any stamina/physical mitigation you get from even best in slot 9.5 gear. Good point on re-gemming the meta to effulgent.

FWIW, using the default boss settings and my current gear, Rawr calculates around a 1% increase in incoming physical DPS if I switch from Austere Earthsiege to Effulgent Skyflare. I think this means that if more than half the damage in a given fight is magic, the 2% magic damage reduction from the Effulgent Skyflare should win. Does this make sense, or does my math suck?
    Last edited by Fodi; 10-01-2009 at 08:19 PM.

+ Reply to Thread