+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shoulder enchants

Shoulder enchants

Are the only shoulder enchants from Sons of Hodir rep or Inscription? I'm a DK tank and I need to know if there is another solution for shoulder enchants rather than farming 400 levels of inscription or exalted rep with Sons of Hodir.

If there's not what's the best way to go? Money isn't an issue really. Time isn't an issue, should I go with Inscription or Sons of Hodir.

Thanks for your advice

Well I wouldn't do inscription just for the shoulder enchant but the sons of holdir rep isnt that hard to gind if you just do the dailies each day and there are also more dailies unlock as you ding various rep levels. However there is a 30 stamina and something resilience pvp enchant you could use in the mean time for 10000 honor, you can buy that in the pvp vendor place in org. (30 stamina is quite good but the resilience is useless for pve as it now only reduces the chance "players" will crit you.)

people look down on having pvp shoulder enchants, but for tanks it is a valid option, since the 30 stam+15 resil is the best you can get for eh.

im exalted with sons of hodir, but i use the pvp chant for my tank gear. i leveled inscription on my shaman alt because i didnt want to do that rep grind again. with the +500 rep sons of hodir token now available as a reward from the regular dungeon daily it should take no time at all to get SoH exalted.

if you really want a toon with inscription, go ahead and level it. if you want a different prof to compliment your other toon/toons, then either use the pvp chant or grind SoH rep (the rep grind will give you a dps option if you dont tank full time).
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

I used the PvP enchant until the resil nerf. I now use the SoH rep enchant. I feel there is more gained from the dodge+defense than from the 30 stam alone. Each to his own though, both are perfectly viable.

PVP shoulder enchant is WIN.

From what I understand, patch 3.2 only changed the damage reduction component of resilience. Thus whilst the damage reduction componant of resilience only works against players the reduction in crit chance works on both players AND MOBS.

Therefore, the 15 resilience still provides 0.16% crit reduction and can be used to bump you over the 5.6% crit reduction needed to become uncrittable by raid bosses. Thus with the PVP shoulder enchant you only need 536 defense to reach crit immunity for raids.

Oh I thought the crit chance was also altered to only work against players. I will need to look into this.

Three viable options...
    1. Inscription: Most powerful but profession needed
    2. SoH: If 1. is not used get it. You will take it for the DPS offspec anyway. Even if 1. is used get it because of the bad awakening if you ever change professions and don't remember that you will be quite missing an enchant then...
    3. PVP enchant: More situational and really gear specific. "Baseline enchant" until 2. gets availible via the rep-grind.
    I would even tend to rate them in that order...

Cheers!
    skaggi

If you would have a red gemslot in which you could only put a 20 dodge gem and get a 15 defense socketbonus, would you do it? Or would you go for a 30 stamina gem?

That's what I ask myself when deciding between the Sons of Hodir enchant or the PvP enchant.

Don't forget you can trade all those Stone Keeper's Shards in for Honor (30 Shards for 2k Honor, I think) in Wintergrasp if you're not the sort that does enough PvP to have 10k Honor just sitting about

+ Reply to Thread