+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PVP Noob needs advice!

PVP Noob needs advice!

I've read about 90% of Bloodwraith's comprehensive guide, not including the links (Will explain) and absorbed most of that knowledge to a certain degree. I don't plan on doing rated matches until I get a raise, so I really just need to get out there and practice, and keep my wife's resto drood as a 2's partner. Unholy does seem to be the spec of choice for the multitude of magic mitigation and the permanent sidekick, so that's a good start. I know the tree fairly well, so that'll work out as well. For starters in skirmishes, should I suit up in my old Savage Saronite until I get some Hateful/Deadly/Titanforged stuff or go pure PVE? Also, since my mainly used spec is frost tank, will an unholy PVP build be viable for raid content DPS? I do get called up to DPS once in a blue moon, so I'd need that option without having to respec 200 times a week. Would it be more efficient to use my tank spec to PVP, and maybe the gear too, or does def rating not extend to the PVP world?

Also, if anyone knows the skirmish level brackets offhand, I'd appreciate it. That way I can get some practice with more than my DK as well.
    Last edited by Hades; 09-27-2009 at 08:27 PM. Reason: level bracket query
    ...Thoughts of a philosophical Death Knight...
    If death is the inevitable end of life, is life the inevitable end of undeath?

Quote Originally Posted by Hades View Post
    For starters in skirmishes, should I suit up in my old Savage Saronite until I get some Hateful/Deadly/Titanforged stuff or go pure PVE?

Also, since my mainly used spec is frost tank, will an unholy PVP build be viable for raid content DPS?

Would it be more efficient to use my tank spec to PVP, and maybe the gear too, or does def rating not extend to the PVP world?

Also, if anyone knows the skirmish level brackets offhand, I'd appreciate it. That way I can get some practice with more than my DK as well.
    1) Resilience is great but it depends on how good your PvE DPS gear is. If it's not that great stick to the PvP pieces for survivability.

2) Again it depends on what level you raid on. It can do decent DPS but it's not as good as the actual cookie cutter PvE set-up.

3) Probably not efficient to use a non-PvP spec. It would probably work for just skirmishes but when you actually start playing you're not going to need some talents and want different ones. The gear might work out if it's decent. Defense does extend into PvP but you can't get crit capped or anything.

4) Not sure about level brackets for skirmishes.

+ Reply to Thread