+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trinket Trouble

Trinket Trouble

Hey Guys,
    Just need some help deciding on what trinkets should be using, first to explain my situation. I raid only 10mans - and so far we're up to ToGC/Algalon. So far I've had my gear based on a medium between HP and Dodge. So I'm sitting at around 37k hp, 25% dodge - 20% parry (off the top of my head).

Anyway, here comes the problem, I've been reading alot of how effective health is king. So my questions are:
    Is the black heart a better trinket than Royal Seal of King Llane (Royal Seal of King Llane - Item - World of Warcraft)
    And should I be using Glyph of Indominability over Eitrigg's Oath (Eitrigg's Oath - Item - World of Warcraft)

Thanks guys,
    Eraser

I'd like to follow up to this question. We also have access to the Heart of Iron and the Black Heart. Finally, Ony drops a new trinket that is pretty sexy.

Any chance we could talk one of the theorycrafting guys into taking a look at this for us?
    Deeps for show..... tank for dough.....

It seems that badge trinket is better than low-lvl Oath just in terms of effective dodge burst per fight (it gives around 2.4% effective dodge if actively used) and armor proc from Oath is on "lol" cooldown, not to mention the stacking mechanic of buff itself.

Black Heart has 29 less stamina than Llane's trinket, but it terms of mitigation 7k armor burst leads you to armor cap in some cases, which is much better that averaged use of Yogg trinket, giving averaged 1% effective parry.

In this case Ony trinket is not so sexy as it seems, though you can see my char wearing it [khm, in order to test =)]. Huge burst of parry plus high defense adds about 1.5% parry. So, mixing it with Black Heart is worth doing if you do not have Iginis25 trinket, just cause losing 500hp from JCd Crab is lol compared to gained avoidance.

However, effective health still matters a lot
    Last edited by Dary; 09-29-2009 at 02:03 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Dary View Post
    It seems that badge trinket is better than low-lvl Oath just in terms of effective dodge burst per fight (it gives around 2.4% effective dodge if actively used) and armor proc from Oath is on "lol" cooldown, not to mention the stacking mechanic of buff itself.

Black Heart has 29 less stamina than Llane's trinket, but it terms of mitigation 7k armor burst leads you to armor cap in some cases, which is much better that averaged use of Yogg trinket, giving averaged 1% effective parry.

In this case Ony trinket is not so sexy as it seems, though you can see my char wearing it [khm, in order to test =)]. Huge burst of parry plus high defense adds about 1.5% parry. So, mixing it with Black Heart is worth doing if you do not have Iginis25 trinket, just cause losing 500hp from JCd Crab is lol compared to gained avoidance.

However, effective health still matters a lot
    While I am not a 10 man exclusive raider, I would never go with this combo for one single reason - no on use options.

Trinkets with on use are your backup plan when your cooldowns are blown when SHTF. The combo of blackheart/purified onyxiablood has zero on use. If you want to use the onyxia talisman for avoidance and one for EH, I'd use the seal as your EH trinket.

Yeah, that's the problem - uncontrollable mitigation =)

however using huge avoidance burst at SHTF situation is also very, very respective choice, when 1 failed dodge/parry means death

Averaged uptime of on-use trinkets helps your healers a lot more than use of 380 parry rating on 10% HP

The only good on-use trinket trick could be performed on paladin tank before AD nerf, when using Lavantor + Bubblewall + Armor Pot on 35-% hp made you almost invulnerable for divine prot duration.

In conclusion, it depends on your tank style

+ Reply to Thread