+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dropping like a fly

Dropping like a fly

Okay last night I was in ulduar doing a few fights as MT and I was dropping like a fly... Healers couldnt keep me up. I need to know what the hell is going on i was super frustrated. i need any advice anything, even if its going back to basics...

my stats are as follows

armor 24787
    defense 552
    dodge 23.23
    parry 19.43
    block 17.52
    Resillience 0
    expertise 29
    health 33.4k unbuffed / with commanding shout i'm 35.7k

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... =Armorhide
    there is my armory hopefully it switches back to my tank set but you can check out my sepc. please any help would be great i was just so super frustrated last night and cant figure out what im doing wrong...

Stats look stable for Ulduar. My guess is there was something else going on.

what else could have been going on i was getting hit for close to 15k 2 some times 3 times in a row consistently.

Your healers need to learn to handle these big hits in Ulduar. That being said you have some strange gems in some places. Replacing Repelling Charge with stamina trinket is also worth considering.

Quote Originally Posted by Armorhide View Post
    what else could have been going on i was getting hit for close to 15k 2 some times 3 times in a row consistently.
    Welcome to Ulduar. Those kind of hits are usual and maybe even on the low end of the scale compared to some bosses. It can be a bit of a shock after being used to overgearing naxx so you and your healers need to step up your game a bit to get through the zone.

As to what else could hve been going on, it's useful to tell us the fight or which particular mechanic/ability is getting you gibbed. Is there a move that is silencing or otherwise interrupting/making life hard for your healers? Is there a lot of raid damage going on at that particular time that makes your healers take their attention off you for a second? how are your healers assigned, could this be improved? Is there a way to avoid that particular attack or negate some of the damage? Would it be better to use some kind of cooldown to soak through that big hit? Combat parses are lso greatly helpful in seeing if theres anything going wrong too.

well i can tell ya that i was MT for kolagarn and auriya if thats how you spell them, i droped in like the first 2 minuts of the fight and then the ot went and took it and completed the fight... you say my gems are odd what would be better options for me in my gear? i will try and get another stam trinket

Hello,

I would recomend completely dropping your repelling charge, and picking up the Black Heart from 5M reg ToC. The stam is good, but the proc is crazy sick. Don't dismiss it for an extra 50 or so stamina.

You are able to completely drop the 84 rating it gives and still be over 540 defense.

Even though you'll be using TBH most always for physical fights, armor does nothing for magical fights. We don't have too many magical only fights in progression content currently, but we might in ICC or future raids, so pick up that other brewfest trinket while you can.

If you can get your hands on a furnace stone in 10M Uld. that's also another option, to smooth out the ride for your healers and you getting insta-gibbed. I personally wouldn't take that over TBH during progression fights, but for farm content, it gives healer a little more room to toss heals on others.

For light of gemming, you should never gem for parry. The diminishing return oon it are overwhelming and way worse than dodge.

As said above, Naxx healing is very light compared to Uldhealing, it's a shocker.
    Last edited by Deathsupply; 09-26-2009 at 11:15 AM.

I'm also wondering what the thinking behind the +10 to all stats gem is?

Your gear is where it should be for Ulduar. The stuff that's getting you is either your skill, the healers skill, or class disparities. Unfortunately, if your OT was a Paladin or a Druid you are fighting a losing EH war. You seem to be missing your 885armor enchant on your gloves too . Every little bit counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Armorhide View Post
    Okay last night I was in ulduar doing a few fights as MT and I was dropping like a fly... Healers couldnt keep me up. I need to know what the hell is going on i was super frustrated. i need any advice anything, even if its going back to basics...

my stats are as follows

armor 24787
    defense 552
    dodge 23.23
    parry 19.43
    block 17.52
    Resillience 0
    expertise 29
    health 33.4k unbuffed / with commanding shout i'm 35.7k

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... =Armorhide
    there is my armory hopefully it switches back to my tank set but you can check out my sepc. please any help would be great i was just so super frustrated last night and cant figure out what im doing wrong...
    I tank ulduar with less hp than you (30kish unbuffed), but bit more dodge and block without much issues.. I havent done it all as Im not regularly raiding there - I just tend to get dragged in by suicidal raids that need a stupid dwarf - but it wasnt much of an issue with kologarn or council..

+ Reply to Thread