+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Personal Wish List

Personal Wish List

This is my current ideal gear-set compilation pre Heroic ToC25 (because my guild is meh and not doing it yet lol) so no ilvl258 pieces yet.

See what you think, don't have em all yet but getting close:
    Profiler - Wowhead

Gear (I am a BS/JC using all stam gems other then 1 expertise/stam for meta)
    Head: Helm of Wrath - Item - World of Warcraft - 32stam/2%armor meta + 51stam jc gem - 37stam/20def chant
    Neck: Endurance of the Infernal - Item - World of Warcraft - 30stam gem
    Shoulders: Hellscream's Pauldrons of Triumph - Item - World of Warcraft - 30 stam gem - 20dodge/15def chant
    Back: Pride of the Demon Lord - Item - World of Warcraft - 225 armor chant
    Chest: Chestguard of the Warden - Item - World of Warcraft - 51stam jc gem + 30stam gem - 275hp chant
    Wrist: Saronite Swordbreakers - Item - World of Warcraft - BS socket - 51stam jc gem - 40stam chant
    Hands: Hellscream's Handguards of Triumph - Item - World of Warcraft - BS socket - 2x 30stam gems - 2%threat/10parry chant
    Belt: Belt of the Nether Champion - Item - World of Warcraft - BS socket - 2x 30stam gems
    Legs: Legplates of Feverish Dedication - Item - World of Warcraft - 30stam gem + 10expertise/15stam gem for meta - 55stam/22agility chant
    Boots: Greaves of the Lingering Vortex - Item - World of Warcraft - 2x 30stam gems - speed/15stam chant
    Ring1: Band of the Traitor King - Item - World of Warcraft
    Ring2: Band of the Twin Val'kyr - Item - World of Warcraft
    Trinket1: Juggernaut's Vitality - Item - World of Warcraft
    Trinket2: Heart of Iron - Item - World of Warcraft
    Weapon: Blood and Glory - Item - World of Warcraft - 30stam gem - Blood Draining chant
    Shield: Aegis of the Coliseum - Item - World of Warcraft - 30stam gem - 18stam chant

Stats (un-reliable, stats on wowhead's profiler seem to be iffy at best)
    Health: 43856
    Armor: 23714
    Defense: 559
    Dodge: 33.17%
    Parry: 24.86%
    Block: 15.36%
    Expertise: 31
    Hit: 117

Spec (15/3/53)
    Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft
    Last edited by Squirrelnut; 09-28-2009 at 01:07 PM.

So what exactly is the question or purpose of this thread? Just posting your dream gear?

No real question, just thought people might be interested in a possible gear comp list I find it helpful to see potential compositions to determine what kinds of stats they give and whether I want to emulate one thing or another.

Glyph of Indomitability over Heart of Iron

Quote Originally Posted by Badga View Post
    Glyph of Indomitability over Heart of Iron
    Why? Any numbers to speak for that choice other then ilvl? I generally prefer HP (especially when it has a nice on-use) because there are frequently casters of one sort or another which completely ignores armor.

EDIT: I have Heart of Iron, Eitrigg's Oath & Glyph of Indomitability - usually go the HP route unless I know it is a purely melee boss

Thanks Squirrel,
    I have always enjoyed the gear lists you put up and this wish list has me rethinking some of my own "wish items".

Squirrel,
    I ran the above set into Rawr and here is the numbers I came up with. Granted I dont have everything exactly as you do as Im at work and trying to hide browser windows, but it is relatively close except for the talents. I went with the 5/10/56 build

Health: 39448.17
    Strength: 1445
    Agility: 175
    Stamina: 3080
    Armor: 26996
    Defense: 566
    Dodge: 30.16%
    Parry: 21.74%
    Block: 16.04%
    Miss: 9.24%
    Block Value: 1376
    Guaranteed Reduction: 65.69%
    Avoidance: 61.14% (+Block 77.18%)
    Total Mitigation: 87.25%
    Attacker Speed: 2.00s
    Damage Taken: 3823.6 DPS
    Resilience: 0
    Chance to be Crit: 0.00%
    Nature Resist: 0
    Arcane Resist: 0
    Frost Resist: 10
    Fire Resist: 0
    Shadow Resist: 10
    Nature Survival: 46629.04
    Frost Survival: 47543.34
    Fire Survival: 46629.04
    Shadow Survival: 47543.34
    Arcane Survival: 46629.04
    Weapon Speed: 1.59
    Attack Power: 3859
    Hit: 2.59%
    Expertise: 25
    Haste: 0.74%
    Armor Penetration: 0.00%
    Crit: 12.79%
    Missed Attacks: 13.20%
    Total Damage/sec: 1813.0
    Limited Threat/sec: 3765.6
    Unlimited Threat/sec: 4839.2
    Ranking Mode: Mitigation Scale
    Survival Points: 114963
    Overall Points: 803791
    Mitigation Points: 654409
    Threat Points: 34419

Looks like Rawr is very wrong as well, I have many of the pieces I listed and the ones I don't have are upgrades and I am already over 40k health unbuffed. I will have substantially higher health once I get the rest of the upgrades such as the Juggernaught trink so I wouldn't put much store in the info that Rawr program spits out.

Ok, I relooked at what I had input into Rawr. Also added the Blacksmithing bonus.

Health: 41663.17
    Strength: 1435
    Agility: 175
    Stamina: 3329
    Armor: 26996
    Defense: 563
    Dodge: 28.56%
    Parry: 21.48%
    Block: 15.92%
    Miss: 9.18%
    Block Value: 1370
    Guaranteed Reduction: 65.69%
    Avoidance: 59.21% (+Block 75.13%)
    Total Mitigation: 86.59%
    Attacker Speed: 2.00s
    Damage Taken: 4024.2 DPS
    Resilience: 0
    Chance to be Crit: 0.00%
    Nature Resist: 0
    Arcane Resist: 0
    Frost Resist: 10
    Fire Resist: 0
    Shadow Resist: 10
    Nature Survival: 49247.25
    Frost Survival: 50212.88
    Fire Survival: 49247.25
    Shadow Survival: 50212.88
    Arcane Survival: 49247.25
    Weapon Speed: 1.59
    Attack Power: 3839
    Hit: 2.59%
    Expertise: 26
    Haste: 0.75%
    Armor Penetration: 0.00%
    Crit: 12.79%
    Missed Attacks: 12.63%
    Total Damage/sec: 1822.2
    Limited Threat/sec: 3780.3
    Unlimited Threat/sec: 4857.6
    Ranking Mode: Mitigation Scale
    Survival Points: 121418
    Overall Points: 805364
    Mitigation Points: 649395
    Threat Points: 34551

Does this look closer to you?
    Reason I am asking is I use Rawr quite a bit to make gear choices. So Im in panic mode if its outputting bad info.
    And I still love the gear list you put together. Its given me something to play with here at work while we having nothing to do.
    Keep up the good work!

Seems like the hp is still a bit off because it differs from the wowhead profiler by almost 2k:
    Profiler - Wowhead
    and when I look at myself in current gear and compare with the armory it seems to be fairly accurate.

It is mainly the avoidance stats that the profiler seems to mess up, dodge/parry while other stats like hp, expertise, hit seem to be right on

I would put Dreadscale Bracers slightly a head of the crafted bracers simply because of the blue socket. Also I am big fan of the armor necks and rings: Legionnaire's Gorget, Band of the Twin Val'kyr, Signified Ring of Binding

Quote Originally Posted by Pagezero View Post
    I would put Dreadscale Bracers slightly a head of the crafted bracers simply because of the blue socket. Also I am big fan of the armor necks and rings: Legionnaire's Gorget, Band of the Twin Val'kyr, Signified Ring of Binding
    The difference between the two is:
    Saronite - 8 Str, 16 Defense, 42 Dodge, yellow socket
    vs
    Dreadscale - 58 Parry, 6 Hit, blue socket

I tend to think the difference is minimal and I already have the Saronite, thus the inclusion on my list

Regarding rings I agree I would likely switch from Clutch of Fortification - Item - World of Warcraft over to Band of the Twin Val'kyr - Item - World of Warcraft however neck I tend to prefer Endurance of the Infernal - Item - World of Warcraft over Legionnaire's Gorget - Item - World of Warcraft because as a Prot Warrior we get rage from being hit or from avoiding but we don't get anything from soaking up damage like a druid. Plus the socket provides more stam potential.

EDIT: Updated original post with the ring change

with the glyph over heart of iron, that specific trinket is stronger because the amount of armor that is on the glyph is more EH value than the heart of iron is. this is however is a pure physical damage situation (which is every fight in ToC except anub 30% burn) however it is debateable that the glyph is still better due to the swing timmer changes to the fight and it also provides less healing done to anub which is more raid dps. armor is one of the strongest stats atm because of how the encounters are created, i strongly strongly advise you using the glyph.

I would tend to have some questions about whether the glyph trinket is better then the Heart of Iron:
    • Are all the fights purely physical?
      • Gormok with impales and snowbolds with fire bombs
      • Acidmaw & Dreadscale with poison, burning bile, burning spray, acidic spew & slime pool
      • Icehowl with arctic breath
      • Lord Jaraxxus with fel fireball, fel lightning, touch of jaraxxus & legion flame
      • Twin Val'kyr almost everything they do is spell damage
    • For the Anub'arak fight I tend to tank ads and use my 102.4% unhittable block set (Thus my normal set doesn't even have to think about the anub'arak fight since I use an entirely separate set of gear for that fight).
    You really begin to notice how many fights actually have damage that isn't physical when you play around with a 102.4% unhittable block set. In general it seems that HP is king in most situations unless looking at very select fights.

Im such a noob, I just realized I didnt toss in the 3 51 stam gems you would get from being a jewelcrafter.
    That would put my numbers close enough to the profiler where I can still use Rawr for a rough guide.
    Just an FYI why I am trying to see the light with this program. You see so many ideas and opinions and "benchmarks" out there that it can make your head spin. Ive been trying to find something semi-reliable that I could base my own findings on.
    So far this tool has been fairly decent. And no Im not an author of it or have any gains from it if people use it or not

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelnut View Post
    I would tend to have some questions about whether the glyph trinket is better then the Heart of Iron:
    • Are all the fights purely physical?
      • Gormok with impales and snowbolds with fire bombs
      • Acidmaw & Dreadscale with poison, burning bile, burning spray, acidic spew & slime pool
      • Icehowl with arctic breath
      • Lord Jaraxxus with fel fireball, fel lightning, touch of jaraxxus & legion flame
      • Twin Val'kyr almost everything they do is spell damage
    • For the Anub'arak fight I tend to tank ads and use my 102.4% unhittable block set (Thus my normal set doesn't even have to think about the anub'arak fight since I use an entirely separate set of gear for that fight).
    You really begin to notice how many fights actually have damage that isn't physical when you play around with a 102.4% unhittable block set. In general it seems that HP is king in most situations unless looking at very select fights.
    Although thats a nice list of non physical damage, you have to consider how often these abilities hit you and if they have the potential to kill you!

Gormoks Impale counts as physical damage (The actual impale hit, not the DoT. As a warrior, its the combination of his melee hit + the actual Impale that kills me most of the time). The DoT still does a lot of damage over time, tough one.

Acidmaw and Dreadscale: Yes, stamina is nice when you deal with the different worms. If you always tank the stationary one, stamina is the way to go. However, if you tank the movable one, he will hit you for physical damage. If you kill Acidmaw, Dreadscale will do 50% more damage and in Heroic 25 man he will hit really hard.

Icehowls Arctic Breath: Would not trinket for stamina just for this one spell. Pretty meh.

Jaraxxus: Fel Fireball isnt supposed to hit you, interrupt it. Ive also never gotten Legion Flame whilst tanking him. His melee damage is pretty weak so here I would go for stamina or an avoidance trinket. If you are an add tank
    (Mistresses in particular), threat gear for the win.

Twin Val'kyr: Not everything they do is spell damage. They still do regular melee hits. But I am not sure it would be worth it to go with the Glyph just for that, considering you will get a lot of spell damage on you like you said.

Anub: Physical damage all the way baby. Hits really hard on heroic, the Frozen thing he casts hurts Glyph in my opinion.

Granted, I still havent bought my own Glyph so im using Heart of Iron + Satrinas from normal 25 man, but I will get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Davion View Post
    Although thats a nice list of non physical damage, you have to consider how often these abilities hit you and if they have the potential to kill you!

Gormoks Impale counts as physical damage (The actual impale hit, not the DoT. As a warrior, its the combination of his melee hit + the actual Impale that kills me most of the time). The DoT still does a lot of damage over time, tough one.

Acidmaw and Dreadscale: Yes, stamina is nice when you deal with the different worms. If you always tank the stationary one, stamina is the way to go. However, if you tank the movable one, he will hit you for physical damage. If you kill Acidmaw, Dreadscale will do 50% more damage and in Heroic 25 man he will hit really hard.

Icehowls Arctic Breath: Would not trinket for stamina just for this one spell. Pretty meh.

Jaraxxus: Fel Fireball isnt supposed to hit you, interrupt it. Ive also never gotten Legion Flame whilst tanking him. His melee damage is pretty weak so here I would go for stamina or an avoidance trinket. If you are an add tank
    (Mistresses in particular), threat gear for the win.

Twin Val'kyr: Not everything they do is spell damage. They still do regular melee hits. But I am not sure it would be worth it to go with the Glyph just for that, considering you will get a lot of spell damage on you like you said.

Anub: Physical damage all the way baby. Hits really hard on heroic, the Frozen thing he casts hurts Glyph in my opinion.

Granted, I still havent bought my own Glyph so im using Heart of Iron + Satrinas from normal 25 man, but I will get it.
    pretty much all of this, and also the new only ring with 800 armor and stam quite good imo, i'll be using it once it drops for me. Also, please note that the wrists from 10 man ToGC are probably better once your gear gets to a certain point because of the fact that a majoirty of the heroic loot is weighed with dodge on them that will bring your dodge to a point that it will be better to have a certain amount of parry for your dodge. The scaling for parry will increase the better your gear gets, at least that is if you have access to the 25 man heroic loot.

edit* also please keep in mind for your anub add set you shouldn't take hardly ANY damage at all, if you time your cooldowns and stuns properly (shockwave, holy wrath, etc..) there should be very very small intake on damage, the hots on you should be more than enough to keep you alive. The more health you have on that encounter the more you heal the boss for in phase 3... which is taking away from the dps on him. In this rare situation it is actually better to have less health =/ you want to get AS MUCH block value as humanly possible (while staying over unhittable of course). Again if you need help with your set i'd be happy to assit.
    Finkill | <Rush> | US Horde | Dark Iron
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...inkill&gn=Rush

+ Reply to Thread