+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Def cap for Htogc 25

Def cap for Htogc 25

Just wondering as to what the def cap is for heroic versions of toc 10 and 25 ive heard that 550 is best but 540 is what everyone goes for would 550 be better or just a waste of time. i myself am not a tank im just asking in regards to my guild tanks wishing to help them as much as possible anything u can tell me would be great also what health is recomended for these runs. Another question have you guys tried the all one color strat for twins my guild had some problems with twins the first few weeks so i had everyone tak the same color and tank them between the portals on one side of the room, after this change in strat we downed them in 1 try. my biggest question would be since this is so easy on normal for 10 man is it possible in heroic version where u need 100% from the orbs buff.

540 is uncrittabe to raid bosses, but defense is still a viable stat after that. So if they can manage 550 defense without giving up expertise and hit, then I'd say go for it.
    The box said: "Requires Windows 98 or better.", so I installed Linux.

It is still 540 defense to be CRIT IMMUNE. Def cap is a misnoner, that needs to be put to pasture.
    Last edited by Volador; 09-25-2009 at 11:17 AM.

540 is really more of a defense minimum than a defense cap... it doesn't hurt after that, it just isn't priority one anymore.

There is no "cap" but the minimum defense to not be crit for all raids is 540 unless you have resilience. Anything after that is just extra avoidance.

I don't believe even Heroic 25m ToC has anything higher level so 540 defense removes the possibility to be crit. With that being said, it is never a bad thing to go over that (it isn't a cap it is simply a minimum) because it improves avoidance/mitigation.

It is most important to have a good distribution of stats HP/Defense/Dodge/Parry/Expertise and some hit

For Prot Warriors you basically want to ensure 540+ def, 26+ expertise and then stack as much stam as possible because gear usually gives you fairly good dodge/parry anyway and hit is being less and less included on the new gear so just throw a glyph of taunt on for tank swaps.

The nature of being a prot warrior means we almost want to be hit to generate rage so we need as large a health pool as possible.

+ Reply to Thread