+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Block Value, Shield Slam and dimishing returns

Block Value, Shield Slam and dimishing returns

As of now I understand DR starts at 2400 and ends at something like 2760.

But is shield slam damage affected by trinkets (I use Lavanthor's and Coren's) on use and Glyph of Shield Slam?

I tested this on a dummy just now, and I figured Block after 2.9k was indeed pointless. But the area in between I seemed to get a slight damage increase, I have no idea why that was. Perhaps my selection was not broad enough.

And what is the relation between trinkets on use, glyph and Shield Block? Is then the added BV from glyph and use trinkets added to the amount extra added to Shield Block and not counted towards DR on Shield Slams?

This has caused me a great amount of useless hitting on dummies to check for neuances in the numbers. But they ofc vary slightly from each time, so it is hard to track a consistent difference in damage when I gain a small amount of BV from glyph or trinkets. And I am at a loss wether the extra BV from Glyph and trinkets are not counted towards DR with SB is up.

The reason I ask is because I wonder where I should sit for max output in arena. So far I've found a few ways to go:

1. Stack BV till over cap and ingnore glyphs and trinkets
    Leaves no room for other gear than block.

2. Stack BV till Glyph caps it
    Leaves little room for other gear than block - perhaps 3-4 pieces excluding wep and ranged.

3. Stack BV till glyph and trinkets caps it (overcaps it I guess is the truth in my case)
    Leaves a lot of room for other pieces of gear, the road I'm on now (10 pieces total with no pure block value)

But again, it is hard to decide when I have such a lack of knowledge. Halp plz So what BV is optimal and how do trinkets on use and glyph relate to Shield Block in terms of DR?

The only relevant info I can give you is that 2900BV is not pointless. That 2760 cap on slam bv-based damage is only reached when you are at 3100 BV.

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    The only relevant info I can give you is that 2900BV is not pointless. That 2760 cap on slam bv-based damage is only reached when you are at 3100 BV.
    Well, since the DR is then so heavy I consider it be near pointless still. But that does not resolve the question of BV trinkes /use, glyph and their relation to SB

+ Reply to Thread