+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blood Threat Talents

Blood Threat Talents

Lately I've been taking a bigger interest in my threat. I'm generally ok after the first 5 seconds unless we're talking about a warlock or hunter (that refuses to Feign Death). Lately the warlocks have been the best DPSers (save for the rogues), and if they burn their Soulshatter early, I threat cap them.

I've always piled on threat stats (hit is woefully missing on ToC gear mostly), but I've lately started gearing a bit more avoidance for more Rune Strike procs. However, as hit becomes more scarce, it's forced me to reevaluate my talents. I'm currently rocking:

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

It's a little goofy because I take Sudden Doom, use GoDD, and tend to RP dump. However, as I lose hit, but gain expertise as ToC gear is loaded with it, Death Coil becomes decreasingly reliable for threat. As result, I've been playing with the idea of this spec:

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

It dumps Sudden Doom and GoDD in favor of Subversion (+6% Heart Strike crit chance), a point in Necrosis (+4% to autoattack and Rune Strike), and Glyph of Rune Strike (+10% Rune Strike crit chance). That reduces my reliance on hit, but also lowers my threat when I'm not the one being beat on (no attacks mean no Rune Strike). I've also played with the idea of replacing GoRS with Glyph of Death Strike. The concern there is that DS isn't as big part of my threat as Rune Strike.

Has anyone ran across any guides or simulators that could evaluate the threat worth of Sudden Doom vs. 2/3 Sub + 1/5 Necrosis or the various Glyphs?

Glyph of Disease is simply not a good talent for blood. I know it's "subjective", but as someone who has run hundreds of specs and setups for maximization of threat (and achieved the highest recorded values for blood DK's on virtually every fight in the game), that's my opinion.
    Glyph of Rune Strike - Glyph of Death Strike should always be standard, with Glyph of Vamp blood Or Glyph of Dark Death for the third depending on how threat or survival oriented you want to go (Glyph of Dark Death is pretty minimal, I normally stay Vamp Blood even with a Necrosis Threat Spec).

1/5 Necrosis isn't worthwhile. Subversion on the other hand is always worthwhile. Heart Strike is close to Rune Strike for generated threat with MoM and 3/3 Sub, and they are the biggest TPS majority in the arsenal.

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft for progression TPS.

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft for absolute maximum.

Edge, i would like to question that 'absolute maximum' tps build, what is your rotation etc?

I wanna know the rotation too.

IT - PS - DS - Hysteria Self - HS - HS - DS - Empower - HS - HS - HS - HS - HS - HS - IT - PS repeat sans empower with rune strikes every available.
    Blood has the simplest rotation of any spec luckily.

Thank you!

The main reason I like to use GoD is that it simplifies rune management and rotation. Once set up, all I need to do is DS every time UF are available, use Pest if diseases are about to tick off, and otherwise spam HS. Yes, it makes me lazy, but it allows me to keep my mind on other things.

Ultimately, I think I may agree and drop it if my hit continues to dwindle. It misses way too often for me lately (though, in theory I'll have the same issue with IT). I actually switched to the latter build last night and I liked it better. Necrosis seemed worthwhile, delivering 1.9% of my DPS (not translatable directly to threat, but still). Rune Strike rivaled Heart Strike for damage for me as well and when you add in its threat modifier, it was a lot stronger than HS in the threat category.

Edge, a simple rotation is the original simple IT - PS - DS - HS - HS DS - DS - HS - HS
    :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nejir View Post
    Edge, a simple rotation is the original simple IT - PS - DS - HS - HS DS - DS - HS - HS
    :P
    Well yea, but that's not the maximum threat rotation, which is what they asked for

Quote Originally Posted by Edgewalker View Post
    IT - PS - DS - Hysteria Self - HS - HS - DS - Empower - HS - HS - HS - HS - HS - HS - IT - PS repeat sans empower with rune strikes every available.
    Blood has the simplest rotation of any spec luckily.
    what did u mean by repeat sans empower with rune strikes every available?

+ Reply to Thread