+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Over recruitment problem

Over recruitment problem

So recently my guild made the transition from a 10 man raiding guild to a 25 man raiding guild. In our efforts to find another 15 competent members, we ended up getting another 25 competent members.

So I just need some advice on how to deal with this problem. I would just normally cut the fat, but the difference between the members is minimal.

Rotate members? Is there a major discrepancy in what roles your new "Fat" are fulfilling (ie: Ranged, Melee, Tank, Healers)? Or is it evenly divided?
    80: Prot Warrior, Tankadin, Resto Shaman, Resto/Bear Druid
    77: Blood Tank DK

Quote Originally Posted by onimarishu View Post
    Rotate members? Is there a major discrepancy in what roles your new "Fat" are fulfilling (ie: Ranged, Melee, Tank, Healers)? Or is it evenly divided?
    Our fat is DPS and Heals right now.

So you have 10 more then you need?
    Solution: Recruit 5 more. Yes I'm serious. Help your core members and others finish off gearing their alts. Make 2xToc25/Ony runs. Gear up your core raiders faster with more trophies and more badges.
    Make 2xToGC 10 teams. Use 2nd raid night for 25 man ToGC and one 10man hm. Then shift them.
    Mookey | GM of <RISE> Xavius [EU]

...you can't do this if the guild is not organized like a dictatorship. There will always be A and B Teams and who gets to run in which will always be a major point of contention.

You will need Officers and high profile raiders to play ball and help in the B Team with their mains or drama WILL ensue.

And the B Raids are as important as the progression raids. Once they appear to be second rate you will find that people are not happy being there. Always maintain that the B Raid can catch up with the A Raid and surpass it.

Don't call it first and second raid. Assign color names or something. Don't let them choose because everybody wants to be Mr Black. You are Mr Pink.

SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.

Set up a fair and transparent rotation system. Be open about it. You'll find that in a month or two with person A on holiday, person B taking a break for exams, and person C inexplicably vanished from WoW, you'll need those extras. It's not a bad position to be in.
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

+ Reply to Thread