+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HToC 25m Spec?

HToC 25m Spec?

5/15/51 - Survivability
    Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft
    • Pros: Imp Demo Shout, Imp Commanding Presence, Max Shield Spec and 2/3 Focused Rage
    • Cons: No DW, No reduced cooldowns
    • Reasoning: Survivability build, long lasting Commanding Shout and improved Vigilance with glyph

5/10/56 - Survivability + cooldowns - health
    • Pros: Imp Demo Shout, Max Shield Spec, Max Focused Rage, 2min Shield Wall
    • Cons: No DW, Glyph spot used for Shield Wall
    • Reasoning: All around spec for progression, good survivability, good rage generation, reduced cooldowns, just a bit lacking in TPS/DPS
    vs

15/3/53 - Threat + Cooldowns
    • Pros: DW, Max Shield Spec, 2min Shield Wall
    • Cons: No Imp Demo Shout, No Focused Rage, Glyph spot used for Shield Wall
    • Reasoning: Good TPS, Decent survivability, reduced cooldowns, a bit lacking in rage
    vs

15/5/51 - Threat
    • Pros: DW, Max TPS
    • Cons: No Imp Demo Shout, only 2 in Shield Spec, Long cooldowns, Reduced rage on avoidance
    • Reasoning: Old standard

I used to use the old standard but for the last couple weeks I have been the 5/10/53 spec for progression. I am considering switching to 15/3/53 or back to 15/5/51 because I have always liked DW and as much DPS out put as possible is a help with enrage timers. Thoughts?

I am really only looking at 25m Heroic ToC, I have no problem face-rolling through all other content.
    Last edited by Squirrelnut; 09-24-2009 at 12:04 PM.

I've been using a very similar spec for ToGC 25 to your 5/10/56 build but I put my 2 points in Booming Voice rather than Cruelty. Having those cooldowns come up more frequently is a lifesaver and not having to worry about rebuffing demo/cs as often is nice.

I really haven't had any aggro issues, rage is definitely not a problem and the taunt rotations pretty much ensure that tanks have a solid lead.

I used 15/3/53 to tank every Heroic boss in Heroic ToC. I have a feral druid that has imp demo though. I glyphed for Last Stand, Shield Wall and Blocking.

You shouldn't have rage problems on any Heroic ToC encounter no matter the spec.

If I replace the 2 points in Cruelty over into Booming Voice and switch the minor glyph of Bloodrage over to glyph of Command, how long does Commanding Shout last?

If I were to go that route I suppose I would do 5/15/51, i'll update the original post with that option

EDIT: I really need to keep my taunt glyph because I have been ignoring hit in my ilvl245 upgrades and tank swaps would suck otherwise
    Last edited by Squirrelnut; 09-24-2009 at 12:14 PM.

My commanding shout has a six minute duration in my max mitigation spec.

I am just going to side with Griff here, I've tanked all of Ulduar, and all of ToC10/25, using 5/10/56 with the 2 points in booming voice. No major issues with threat, and survivability is just fine. I use Glyph of Shield Wall/Devastate/Blocking and Minor Bloodrage/Command/Charge. Do not, wanna say again Do not switch your bloodrage glyph for a command glyph. By glyphing bloodrage your essentially removing 1600 healthloss every 60 seconds, well i say 1600 because I'm a tauren and my base is around 10k eitherway. It is a very key glyph.

If you have nobody with 5/5 commanding presence I would spec something like my own spec, for progression having 5/5 commanding presence is just required imho. I would certainly take last stand, 2/2 improved shieldwall and shieldwall glyphs as you will be using a lot of CDs in ToC hardmodes, the 5/15/51 spec you posted is imho not really a decent survival progression spec.

I really dont find it necessary to spec deep wounds for threat, with vigilance and eg 40hit/40sta (no need for 40exp/40sta with all the expertise on toc gear...) I have no problems keeping threat on that spec.

If another warr keeps 5/5 comm presence up, take the 5/10/56 you posted

15/3/53
    I have stack of Glyphs in my bag: Blocking, Devastate, Taunt so I am switching depending on needs for certain fights.
    Mookey | GM of <RISE> Xavius [EU]

+ Reply to Thread