+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior T8.5 DPS pieces for tanking?

Warrior T8.5 DPS pieces for tanking?

Just a thought... looking at the tier 8/8.5 set pieces, both the leggings and the gloves are itemized for +Hit and +Expertise, and the set bonus gives you a chance on Heroic Strike to give 150 Haste... provided that you can hit the defense rating cap on your other gear (which may be easier with some of the high defense ratings on ToC loot), those two pieces would be a pretty amazing combo to stack for threat gen and dps output, especially when off-tanking. Any thoughts?

If threat was becoming that big of an issue that you needed to wear dps gear then sure, this is a viable option. For a while in Naxx, players were tanking in dps gear because they wanted to try to break tanking dps/tps records.

The problem is for most progression fights nowadays, tank death is a reality and threat is less of a problem so for running back content your idea is doable, but definitely not an option when Gormok Heroic 25 can drop a tank from 100% to 0 in 1 second (I wish I had a parse from last night when that happened)

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Kazey sums it all up, Naxx lvl content wasnt enough at the start it was knocked out extremely quick and ppl got bored and started experimenting and with oo lets see how much DPS i can do.

And threat is fine atm i run a full survivability spec and have no threat issue's if ppl are continuously riding me then maybe i will haev to look into other options but i dont see that happening i will still gear towards surviving.
    The answer is user error

Yeah, I agree that threat's not really that big in issue. I was thinking more along the lines of off-tanking or even the "stay in prot spec and dps in case a tank dies" situations... granted they're not as common, but when your trying to do somewhat decent damage and threat gen while rage starved... that was more what I was thinking. The last thing I'd want to do while running ToC is experiment with some dps gear when I could stack survivability.

Generally, if you're needed to DPS and someone else is tanking and you don't have a position to tank any adds or what not, you might as well just dual spec fury/arms and go to town, you can't worry constantly that "what if tank 1 dies". Although it's nice to have that story where you saved the raid by picking up the boss, they're rare, and your overall usefulness goes up when you're doing full dps as dps spec than as prot trying to mimic a dps'er.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

+ Reply to Thread