+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Parry hast/ hit rating. End game raiding.

Parry hast/ hit rating. End game raiding.

Here is a link to my Taconite Armory

Basically i got some upgrades that dropped me to 155 hit and 22 expertise.

I keep reading conflicting views on parry/hasting. My question is should i gem for more expertise or hit at the sacrifice of EH?

Im sitting at 37k unbuffed , we are on 25 togc. I have effectively tanked everything normal.

My other question is, i have enough emblems for this ring.

Clutch of Fortification

I also have in my bank.

Loop of the Twin Val'kyr

it seems im losing stats with these higher ilvl items. looking at my armory, am i misisng something or are these rings not worth putting on over my current rings?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Sometimes, an upgrade isn't an upgrade until you get.... other upgrades.

Just hang on to it until you can make it work. I usually don't worry about a small drop under a soft cap or preferred value.

Usually some drop comes along and you go "aha! If I get that, then I can wear all this other stuff...."

Both rings have bonus armour, you may be overlooking it or not realise its value in mitigation.

The rings i have equipped are a total of 58 expertise. does 1050 armor outweigh 58 expertise?

If i go back to my previous gear i am 8% hit, 26expertise. Where as now i stand at 22 expertise 155 hit, if i equip both of those rings i lose more expertise but gain armor and lose dodge/parry.

What im asking is in my current gear im getting about 1k more health, about 2k more armor, more dodge/parry but at the cost of dropping me to 155 hit and 22expertise (not equipping the rings linked above) from my old gear..

You're comparing apples to oranges, as the saying goes. Expertise is primarily a threat stat, somewhat a survival stat by reducing parry-haste. Armour is a straight out survival stat.

As Bashal said, you can't always switch to new gear until you get another upgrade to offset the stat change. At a glance you should be aiming for cloak from ToC25 and/or the 2hander from Onyxia. Both have expertise and will allow you to juggle gear for more survival.

if things are like you said, i've tanking with 22 expertise but 264 hit idk if thats a problem but if it gets you 2k armor and 1k health go for it unless you see your agro is really droping or you are getting bursted because of parry hasting. My suggestion: just go for it, sometimes probability and caps are just that... as an example the def cap takes the crit out of the table but that doesn't mean that if you have 540 instead of 545 the boss is going to crit every time... the chance is 0.8% and you know thats 8 hit out of 1000 will hit you assuming that every event will happen but they are probabilities if it makes it clear to you imagine a big dice a 1000 face dice, if you rol a 1-8 you will get critted, try the wow /roll that will give you an idea of how hard is to get critted at 540... i hope that answers your question... been trying some of the caps(expertise, hit,def) and trust me that things on paper are one thing and things on the real thing are not just as drastic as paper. Again, if it doesn't bring you problems having those stats down just go for it the upgrade is fantastic...

As a Blood DK you should be valuing Expertise over Hit.

my point is that with those stats i don't have any trouble at all and if the stats are really not giving him any problems and are a huge upgrade then take it

thank you for the replies.

+ Reply to Thread