+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Passive Unhittable Viable again?

What did you guys do to get your block value that high? (3k unbuffed)

In my blocking gear, I have about 1.6k block value unbuffed. Granted, not every piece gives me block value. Epic strength gems? Or epic strength/stamina gems?

for 1... the more stam you have on that fight the worse it can be. it is A LOT more healing to anub in phase 3 the higher your health is, so its not very efficent.
    2... the whole concept of the gearset and tanking all 4 adds is to mitigate as much damage as possible and getting block value does just so. It is just how the fight mechanics work.
    3... why would you gem strength?!

edit* Wowhead: OM NOM NOM

search block value/rating gear
    Finkill | <Rush> | US Horde | Dark Iron
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...inkill&gn=Rush

Strength converts to block value 2:1, so for a maximum block value set, you'll want to gem for that. On the other hand, gemming for defense will probably benefit you more until you're unhittable.

Currently with the gear available you will prolly have no extra sockets to socket anything but Def in my current set (which is far from ideal, but its does the trick) i just barely make the 101.6% avoidence mark (or somthing around there they are 82 Elite the adds) Once you are Unhittable yea you can switch stuff around to add more Block but you wont be getting much room to play.

But that is not what this thread is for is it >.<, to keep on topic:

How to get Unhittable: Mainly wowhead anything that has Shield Block Rating usually the gear is paired with value which works out well also.

And is this set viable: Only for Anub'Arak Heroic 25, and ONLY for tanking 4 adds if your doing 2 add tanks regular gear is prolly better. But for anythign outside tanking 4 Heroic Anub adds no this set up isnt your ideal go to set.
    The answer is user error

while it may have it's niche in add tanking for anub 25, it sure is fun to wear it in 5mans and old 10mans and require less healing than the dps.

Ah, cool. That helps, probably should have thought about checking wowhead first. :P

Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Murdog View Post
    And is this set viable: Only for Anub'Arak Heroic 25, and ONLY for tanking 4 adds if your doing 2 add tanks regular gear is prolly better. But for anythign outside tanking 4 Heroic Anub adds no this set up isnt your ideal go to set.
    On our first 10man Heroic Anub kill, I wore my unhittable set and took 34k damage from melee the entire fight. While I'm sure it's not necessary in 10man, if I can have less health (which is better for this fight) and take less damage, why wouldn't I?

Quote Originally Posted by Khordam View Post
    Strength converts to block value 2:1, so for a maximum block value set, you'll want to gem for that. On the other hand, gemming for defense will probably benefit you more until you're unhittable.
    i understand that but its not as effective as itemizing for it as oppose to gemming. with the gear you have open to you its better if you end up gemming for defense.
    Finkill | <Rush> | US Horde | Dark Iron
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...inkill&gn=Rush

Kind of a necro but my guild is putting in more effort into actually downing this and Shadow Strikes appear to be a REALLY big problem for single tanking all of the adds i think someone said with mind numbing psn it is a 1.3 second cast or something, but the biggest problem is the in consistency with which the adds cast it DBM and Big wigs both have timers for Shadow Strike but they are rarely correct after the initial set of adds. So i was wondering how people who successfully do this strat get interupts consistently. Maybe curse of tongues is more reliable than mind numbing idk just looking for suggestions atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Splug View Post
    They're actually level 82, so 101.8 is the target.

-Splug
    for level82 target is 101.6% 0.8% for each level 100%+0.8%+0.8%=101.6%

And that is the goal for your sum sheet values, since your actual defense %'s gained are relative to the weapon skill of the mob which goes up with level. In other words, you only *actually* get 0.2% less miss/dodge/parry/block than the sheet tells you per level difference. So if your goal is 'un-hittable' you get 0.8% less per level difference they are above you.
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

This is a 'best' in slot unhittable gear set list:
    GuildOx - WoW Guild Progress and Loot Rankings

+ Reply to Thread