+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dps check for prot warrior ?

Dps check for prot warrior ?

the tank gear i have now is quite good in my opinion. i dont hardcore raid. just 10 man runs as much as i want and maybe some 25 man. but normally my dps as a prot warrior doesnt go over max 1500dps.

i was wondering if there is something in my rotation about this but i am not sure. mainly i use (on bosses) heroic strike at the same time as i press devaste revenge and shield slam when they are off cooldown.

i have used the unrelenting assult spec before but when 3.1 (think it was ) i thought i should just keep normal spec since they boosted devaste.
    here is a link anyway to my warrior on Armory
    The World of Warcraft Armory
    Last edited by hatorihanzo001; 09-23-2009 at 06:35 PM.

Yes your gear is quite good.

However it takes more than gear to up your dps while tanking.

Have a good hard look at your spec and mine

The World of Warcraft Armory

find the differences and make the relevant changes.

-Panttz

You are missing armed to the teeth, impaled and deep wounds rather than unbridled wrath (you shouldnt have rage issues these days).

Even so you are only missing perhaps 200-300 DPS you wont get much over 1700 dps single target.
    ** Remember Warcraft players fail in directions you never thought possible.

If you just give them the answers how will they become better players ><

Thanks for the info and dont worry panttz about me on that. i will allways have an open mind for different advice
    i hope to be able to give out some info for others too sometimes

I have looked through Panttz's spec. and i decided to try it out with a little twist. for one i dont have thunderclap at max and i dont have vigilance. reason for no vigiliance is cause im a senile muppet at times and only use it once in a raid depending on how many times we wipe. otherwhise its just getting dusty.

Vigilance is your friend - spec into it, use it on your favorite dps. If you're forgetful, get a timer addon or train your dps to bug you about refreshing it if it falls off.

In addition to giving you a nice threat boost, it also helps dps (or healers) live longer by reducing the damage they take. Failing to keep someone vigilanced during a raid is doubleplus bad.

As a previous poster noted, you're not specced into deep wounds and impale in the arms tree. While this isn't essential, if you're looking to boost your dps, its an excellent place to start.

Additionally, not having Armored to the Teeth is a major oversite. We're tanks, we wear tons of armor speccing into a talent that converts armor rating into attack power should be a no-brainer.

Also, you should be taking the talents Incite and Damage Shield as well, if you're concerned about dps, or trying to tank seriously.

Improved spell reflect has little utility apart from a select number of encounters and you can think about trading it in for something better. Cruelty is the same boat. That extra crit is nice, but incite gives you a much bigger crit boost to talents you should actually be using for less points.

+ Reply to Thread