+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need some kind of constructive "criticism" on my build.

Need some kind of constructive "criticism" on my build.

Don't know how well else to phrase it.

Well, this is my armory: The World of Warcraft Armory

After server comes back up tonight, this is the build I am intending to respec and reglyph to: Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

Any comments about what can about my spec/glyph and enchant/gemming as an improvement? I am aiming for a survival tanking spec with some decent threat in heroics.

And, sometimes I am stuck to whether I should look out for gear with expertise or parry, read that in 3.2 the only boss which does parry haste is the last 3 boss in ToC 25. Question 1 is, last 3 boss in ToC 25 referring to the twins and Anub only? Question 2 is, parry or expertise is more important for me?

You've currently got a decent gear set so if you're concerned about surviving in heroics, you need to find new healers.

As for your proposed spec, the math favors the deep wounds in the 15/5/51 or 15/3/53 build over 5/5 cruelty. The ability to leave bleed debuffs on mobs shouldn't be overlooked. Speccing into revenge is useful in heroics as you can stun/interrupt with it on most trash.

Parry and expertise are apples and oranges - expertise is a threat stat and ideally you'll want to have at least an expertise rating of 26 which will stop enemies from dodging your attacks. Parry on the other hand is an avoidance stat and slightly less attractive than dodge. So to answer your question, they are both important for different reasons. On fights when you need to pump the threat out, you'll want expertise while on content where you're more concerned about staying upright and mobile, avoidance stats would be preferred. If you're mostly running heroics, I'd lean towards the expertise side of the equation though.

Not sure if Armory is broken but you have no trinkets? Consider changing your glove enchant to Armsman instead of +18 stamina. Also, changing your chest enchant to +22 defense would let you swap those defense gems out.

Armory cries about the brewfest trinkets, I am guessing he has on 2 of them

Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    You've currently got a decent gear set so if you're concerned about surviving in heroics, you need to find new healers.

As for your proposed spec, the math favors the deep wounds in the 15/5/51 or 15/3/53 build over 5/5 cruelty. The ability to leave bleed debuffs on mobs shouldn't be overlooked. Speccing into revenge is useful in heroics as you can stun/interrupt with it on most trash.

Parry and expertise are apples and oranges - expertise is a threat stat and ideally you'll want to have at least an expertise rating of 26 which will stop enemies from dodging your attacks. Parry on the other hand is an avoidance stat and slightly less attractive than dodge. So to answer your question, they are both important for different reasons. On fights when you need to pump the threat out, you'll want expertise while on content where you're more concerned about staying upright and mobile, avoidance stats would be preferred. If you're mostly running heroics, I'd lean towards the expertise side of the equation though.

Not sure if Armory is broken but you have no trinkets? Consider changing your glove enchant to Armsman instead of +18 stamina. Also, changing your chest enchant to +22 defense would let you swap those defense gems out.
    Hmm surviving in heroics isn't an issue to me altogether, it is just multi mob threat. So that life will be easier in heroics.

Raiding wise, the more EH the better, threat in raid bosses has rarely been an issue, so I am keeping threat stats out of my consideration for raid tanking.

I am just wondering about the parry-haste part. Read somewhere that parry haste has been disabled on all the bosses except the last 2 boss in ToC 25. So the question is, do I stack expertise to prevent parry haste for the last 2 boss of ToC 25? Or just stack parry and dodge evenly?

With further gear upgrades from H ToC I will be changing out those gems/enchant for straight +Stam, the only reason why I am not gemming straight +Stam is because of the socket bonuses, which after much consideration, aren't worth picking up ><

And yeah.. I have the 2 Direbrew Trinket

Yeah, I wasn't even referencing parry hasting. Until you start pushing diminishing returns, dodge is a better avoidance stat than parry.

+ Reply to Thread