+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: No more SS>Revenge>Devastate weaved with shockwave

Without shieldslam you won't activate your glyph of blocking and lose a bit damage reduction.

I don't use Glyph of Blocking anymore, in my mitigation setup I use Last Stand, Shield Wall and Devastate, exactly for the purposes of reducing the amount of focus my threat needs in order to increase the available focus I can put on survival (using CDs, interrupt, even picking up new adds, ...)

That's fine, just ignore me. Its cool. Ill just walk away... walking... Ill be back!

Quote Originally Posted by SquishemHard View Post
    That's fine, just ignore me. Its cool. Ill just walk away... walking... Ill be back!
    Try this thing. It has Rend, it has weapon speed, it has my awesome name on it

I still quite strongly disagree with the suggestion of just spamming Devastate that some people are drawing.

I don't believe the numbers support it unless you have both 2-set bonuses and honestly it is simply not that hard to do a SS > Devastate (> Devastate > CB/SW/Devastate) priority and it will, in almost every case, increase either your TPS, your DPS, or both.

Just spamming Devastate strikes me as a little lazy and given that there is absolutely no reason to assume that the T10 set bonuses will be similar, there seems little reason to slip into the habit of a sub-standard rotation.

It's worth keeping in mind that the T8 set bonus was designed well before Devastate was buffed, hense its abnormally high value post-3.2. I would not expect such a strong bias toward Devastate in the future.

Although it's quite possible that Devastate spam can be 'passable' TPS in some situations, I'm doubtful that it will remain a long-term option nor does it appear to really be the best optimization of one's raid DPS contribution in the majority of cases.

Is that the conclusion that is being drawn? What I took from this thread was that Revenge has fallen by the wayside as far as TPS goes and is there only as an option to max DPS. On that basis, I dropped improved revenge and have started to leave it out of my cycle except when rage income is low.

As a note to this, the future T10 set bonus makes it extremely clear that a 'proper' rotation--with at least full use of SW, Shield Slam, and CB--is likely the way forward and getting into the habit of Devastate spamming won't do you too many favors over the long-term.

The 20% damage bonus is absolutely amazing for TPS and DPS increases when using a SS > Dev > Dev > SW/CB/Dev rotation. It far outclasses the DPS and TPS bonuses from our previous 2-sets.

I'm interested in the logic that 20% SW/SS dmg translates to using CB. Even before the set buffs, SW creeps ahead only because it can't be avoided, but CB can and gains no set bonus buff, and still can't trigger SnB.

Quote Originally Posted by SquishemHard View Post
    I'm interested in the logic that 20% SW/SS dmg translates to using CB. Even before the set buffs, SW creeps ahead only because it can't be avoided, but CB can and gains no set bonus buff, and still can't trigger SnB.
    Because the loss of potential double Devastate set bonuses results in CB dealing more damage than Devastate under almost every possible condition--especially considering it scales better.

The SnB issue is irrelevant since you always want to use the filler abilities on the last ability in a cycle--thus SnB is only a rage gain at that point and not a TPS gain. (You can trigger it, but Shield Slam will already be off cooldown by the end of your GCD either way, thus nothing is really gained other than the Shield Slam being free.)

Thanks for the work on this Kojiyama.
    Been following this thread intently as I am at the point where I need to start making some gear decisions. IE: Loosing my 2pc 8/9

+ Reply to Thread