+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 5 man (Heroic) DPS / Landsoul's Spreadsheet

5 man (Heroic) DPS / Landsoul's Spreadsheet

The World of Warcraft Armory

I do not raid. My main concern is that I am not properly using Landsoul's spreadsheet. I do not see other warriors running around with Hunter gear with INT on it.

My understanding pertaining to his spreadsheet is as follows:

It is used as a gauge. Not an end all. Currently Fury, I am looking to do two things before anything else:

1. Get 8% hit (3% coming from precision)
    2. Get to 26/26 exp.

What I have done is gone off of the "lookup" function a lot. Examples are Brooch of the Wailing Night, Leggings of the Tireless Sentry, Chestguard of the Ravenous Fiend etc..

I have taken the presumption that having higher DPSdiff values in the "lookup" tab means if I can stay between that hit/exp boundary (not exceeding them) then these values hold true as I am using all of the possible stats.

ie.. I would assume with so much hit on Wristbands of the Wary Lookout, that instead choosing my current Vambraces of Unholy Command yields better results because all stats are utilized. It also displays this to be true in Landsoul's spreadsheet.

Is this understanding correct? (All that I have typed so far) If not, what am I doing wrong (I have made sure all instructions on "intro" are followed, all tabs and drop downs "arms", "fury", "dpsdiff")?

Another question I have is regarding Arms/Fury. Plugging in a friends information and substituting my own gear as an Arms build, the net difference for myself, is a whopping 500+ dps difference between my gear in Arms and my gear in Fury. With the 3.2.2 changes, do you think this is still fairly accurate?

In the options I have 0 raid buffs enabled. I realize without doing the math this may be a source of the difference (I sit at 2.3k in for fury and 2.8k for arms). Is there something I am missing? I have regemmed, rechanted, and taken care of optimizing (within the gear I own). Replugging in everything into the spreadsheet.

Ofc including many variables (party makeup, trash, encounters), I as Fury tend to run at or slightly above 3k dps (most bosses I can push 3.2k). Using the WW > BT > Slam!, HS>50 formula. Any advice or blatant descrepencies limiting my ability to DPS? I feel that I "should" be doing more.

Lastly, in the spreadsheet, going with the knowledge I "need" to cap expertise, I noticed dps decreases at certain pts, substituting equally statted str vs. exp gems (which is why I am not exp capped). In each slot, either 16 vs. 16 scarlet's or 20 vs. 20 cardinal's I saw dps decrease by gemming exp. The same can be said about my orange choices. str/crit substituted for equally weighted exp yielded dps decrease. Can this be true?

Thank you for your time and insight.

Quote Originally Posted by wuow View Post
    Another question I have is regarding Arms/Fury. Plugging in a friends information and substituting my own gear as an Arms build, the net difference for myself, is a whopping 500+ dps difference between my gear in Arms and my gear in Fury. With the 3.2.2 changes, do you think this is still fairly accurate?
    thats because arms > fury at lower gear levels. you need alot of rage to support fury's rotation with heroic strike spam. as arms you will hardly have any rage issues once you get the rotation down and the feel for when you hs and when not to.

as far as the spreadsheet, i really just use it to map out bis gear sets and to see about gem switching, so i really dont have that much knowledge about the inner workings of the spreadsheet.

about the expertise thing, i dont really know about that. for fury you cant have attacks dodged since in hinders your rage gen. having to sit there doing nothing for 3+ seconds while waiting on your next white swing to do something hurts your dps. have you checked to make sure the right food is selected since there is an option for it to use expertise food. 22 expertise + 5 expertise from the food is cap, maybe its selected instead of arp or str food.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

TY for the quick reply Destruyen, No foods are selected in the sheets calculations. Also, I'm usually able to sustain WW, BT, Slam and rarely if ever find myself unable to repeat when necessary. However, I do not generally have "a lot" of spare rage to HS dump.

hmm, i have no idea why it would show low sep for expertise if under the cap then. i know for arms it will show a higher sep than anything else until cap.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

But one thing for sure, a noticeable increase in DPS should be attained moving from Fury to Arms correct?

for sure.

the only thing to address for you doing that, is finding 100 hit rating to be hit capped as arms.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

TY, I have some gear with +hit on it that stacks up well value wise. Although I feel relatively satisfied with that answer, I'm still looking for a bit more insight regarding Landsoul's spreadsheet. Mainly the mechanics by which I am operating it under. Again, TY for your time.

you should go check the thread he has over on elitist jerks. alot of people over there have asked him questions regarding how to operate the spreadsheet with the look up feature, sorting items by sep with your current gear, etc.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

While I hold out for landsoul insight, I appreciate your time Destruyen. I've found a nice 0/-6 gear balance which after all is said and done, on paper, provides a 810+ dps increase from Fury to Arms. Thanks again. Sooooo itching to try it out but coursework calls.
    Last edited by wuow; 09-23-2009 at 05:28 PM.

+ Reply to Thread