+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Burnished Quel'Serrar BiS for EHP?

I don´t think so...

The waepon Last Laugh makes more Tps... than the new Quel.
    I have tested it with the tool which is linked in this Forum..

ThreatSimulator

and i Think the Titanguard is much better than Last Laugh..

Possibly a very silly question... Can the Burnished Quel'Serrar be enchanted? I'm just wondering if built in proc would stack with something like Blade Ward?

I'm wearing the Burnished Quel'Serrar enchanted with Mongoose, so no restrictions there. It's procing just fine and also procs The Black Heart-Trinket for whatever reason.
    As mentioned above, Quel'Serrar's proc, Sanctuary, has no internal cooldown and gives some nice back to back procs. Sadly the AddOn mentioned above "emitpU" doesn't work for me, so I won't be able to give you numbers. But definetly worth testing it out a bit.

Thanks for the info on this, I was hoping that it procs the same as the old one did.

Now they just need to un-nerf crusader enchant.

The uptime on the proc varied from 72-83% last night.

Log

Pretty amazing!

Be a Champion, not a hero.
    Drae

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1454507.jpg

I got this yesterday and did a few tests, monitoring buff uptime with emitpU.

13 minutes of auto-attacks on heroic training dummy gave a 23% uptime for Sanctuary.
    13 minutes of spamming Devastate on heroic training dummy gave 53% uptime for Sanctuary.

I also main tanked a VoA10, where in 8 minutes of combat, the uptime was 42%.
    Last edited by Bayz0r; 10-08-2009 at 11:38 AM.

landed the sword last night and enchanted it with mongoose.

I used it to tank ulduar and few heroics (incl toc5 heroic).

Things i noticed were that its uptime was a lot.

My threat was no different from using titanguard.

My base stats were not as high as with other swords (titanguard or Glory)

My DPS dropped slightly. Typically recount shows me doing circa 1800-2100 on any given fight using usual rotations and devastate/heroic strike spam using DW spec.

With the new sword i was averaging 1600-1800.

Still some more testing to be done but i think its a nice sword with nice procs but im a little put off by the lack of base stat improvement.

I need to do some more tanking with it to see if my dps can improve with it or not.

The big bonus is that this sword is EXACTLY how a sword should look.
    Belgariad: EU : Lightnings Blade. Once a Tank. Always a Tank.

After using it since the first week ony was released I have to say this sword is freaking amazing. The uptime is very similar to the old quel. Anywhere from 55% to as high as 85% (only saw 80%+ once or twice, probably due to cleave spam, as both times it was on Valks).

With this and Blackheart proc'd at the same time my armor is retarded, like druid retarded.

Drae

I feel pretty good after reading this thread, the one by Squirrelnut, and also checking out the linked logs. I just finished running a guild ToGC10 and Blood and Glory dropped. Our warrior tank, who had Burnished Quel rolled for it and had the highest roll, but I gave it to the paladin tank who was using Shiver with the reasoning that the warrior tank already has an ilvl 245 weapon; and being a guild run, I gave it to the paladin tank who also happens to be our MT.

Queue a mini shit-storm about how Burnished Quel is way worse than B+G and that the proc rate is horrible and even the benefits of the proc suck and that there is absolutely no doubt that B+G is clearly the way superior weapon and the only reason I didn't give B+G to the warrior tank is because I "don't listen to anybody".

Our rogue then chimed in with this gem, "it doesn't matter what the proc rate is, B+G is better" after the paladin tank asked about the proc rate on quel.

The warrior then told me how 3 sites, EJ, tankspot, and wowhead all said that the quel is worse than B+G in any situation. When asked for the links, he kindly told me and paladin to "go jack off with the B+G". Sigh.

</rant>

/gkick imo

there are plenty of other tanks queing up to get his spot in raids..if he is arrogant enough to ignore the RL's decision and is impatient enough to say np.. i get it next week then pls.. then drop him from raids for a few weeks..lets see how his opinion changes then.

Update.

I ran heroics last night with burnished and Glory and titanguard and from a dps pov the titguard and glory out performed, this is purely on recount tables per boss fight and monitoring my own dps.

As such im hanging the burnished on hard mode fights for EH and reverting back to titanguard or glory for trash and easier content where dps is required as opposed to pure survival. The Crusaders Glory is kinda in that middle ground and is trying to do both jobs (i dont have heroic version just normal) but its slowly becoming my general weapon of choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillycheese View Post
    I feel pretty good after reading this thread, the one by Squirrelnut, and also checking out the linked logs. I just finished running a guild ToGC10 and Blood and Glory dropped. Our warrior tank, who had Burnished Quel rolled for it and had the highest roll, but I gave it to the paladin tank who was using Shiver with the reasoning that the warrior tank already has an ilvl 245 weapon; and being a guild run, I gave it to the paladin tank who also happens to be our MT.

Queue a mini shit-storm about how Burnished Quel is way worse than B+G and that the proc rate is horrible and even the benefits of the proc suck and that there is absolutely no doubt that B+G is clearly the way superior weapon and the only reason I didn't give B+G to the warrior tank is because I "don't listen to anybody".

Our rogue then chimed in with this gem, "it doesn't matter what the proc rate is, B+G is better" after the paladin tank asked about the proc rate on quel.

The warrior then told me how 3 sites, EJ, tankspot, and wowhead all said that the quel is worse than B+G in any situation. When asked for the links, he kindly told me and paladin to "go jack off with the B+G". Sigh.

</rant>
    To be honest I wouldn't agree with your decision on the basis that BnG and BQS differ significantly enough to warrant it being usable in different situations (eg BQS for EH) and regardless of proc up time, it's not static so it can't be relied on as a permanent bonus. If you look at shiver aganst blood and glory the stats are almost exactly the same with some dodge rating swapped for hit rating so the ilevel difference is not really in-line with the stat difference. Sure the extra avoidance is nice for avoidance fights and if you don't need hit, but really it doesn't justify giving loot prio to the paladin IMO. If course, nothing ever excuses somebody blowing their top over loot but he does have a point and unless the pala had something like the u10 mace from thorim then you shouldn't enforce a loot overrule like that.

We have 3 tanks in my guild and I'm the only one with shiver, and i'll happily pass on tribute tank weapon until the other 2 have it because really it's more of a side grade to swap stats than any significant upgrade.

In terms of survivability, BnG is a clear upgrade over shiver, in any fight. BnG is not a clear upgrade over BQS unless it's a magic damage heavy fight. Since our guild is trying to get our foot in the door of ToGC25, I reasoned that it would be a better total benefit for our MT to get it.

I realize that the purpose of these 2 tank weapons are quite different; however, we can always change tanks accordingly rather than have the tank change weapons. And to me, having 2 tanks each with an ilvl 245 weapon is better than having 1 tank with 2 ilvl 245 weapons.

But you're overly micro-managing gear distribution on an unecessary level, the difference between all 3 weapons are not game breaking and having both tanks ilvl 245 weapons rather than one with a 232 weapon (which is decent anyway) is just going to cause unrest but have very little effect on your guild's ability to push togc25.

Yo
    I'm currently tanking heroic modes and progressing on Anub, so survivability is a huge concern for me - no wait, I'm Paladin... Anyway, I have this sword and there's some things I'd very much like to know, since, according to Rawr, this is BiS for EH.

I suppose this is rather obvious, but if this has a permanent procrate of 2 ppm, it will have a higher uptime with Reckoning spec? Since Reckoning is currently our lowest threat talent, it would get rather attractive, if it would increase the procrate of this.

Also, I'm currently running with blade ward, which I am very satisfied with, but how much does the mongoose enchant do for the proc of this sword? And what about Hammer of the Righteous (our only attack proccing this), does it count for 3 (or 4, with the glyph) attacks = a 3(4) times higher proc chance, or as a single attack?

- Alpha

Did a full hour of white hits on the heroic dummy this morning, and my numbers for the Ony10 sword match the numbers above for the Ony25 sword: 28.7% uptime on Sanctuary. That's without any special ability use -- I was AFK for most of it.

My raid parses are showing an uptime around 50% with haste buffs and specials, but it's doubtful I've gathered enough raid data to trust the numbers.

I'd give Blood and Glory to the MT any day, simply due to the Stamina and MT's usually have to take more magic damage while the OT's usually deal with more melee damage from adds (where Armour really shines).

And the fact he had a fit over it kind of shows what sort of player he is. He seems to just want Blood And Glory to EPeen around Dalaran with.

I don't understand why this thread is majoring on the comparison between Blood and Glory (aka Honor of the Fallen) and BQS, when personally I'd rather use the heroic Ardent Guard / Crusader's Glory of all the ilvl 245 tank weaps.

Crusader's Glory - Item - World of Warcraft - 522 armour, blue socket, 1.5 speed.

I agree swelt, Ardent Guard is by far the most static EH.

BQS is more EH only when the proc is active, however; I see proc up-time as high as 85% on some bosses (twins, jaraxxus, 10m anub adds; basically anywhere I can cleave) 70% on others. and as low as 50%. Even normalized for 60% up-time it's very close to Ardent Guard.

BnG is an avoidance weapon.

Normally I prefer static buffs, and refrain from proc based effects, however; I love the BQS, the up-time is significant enough that I don't mind it. I'd only take the other weapons if my fellow tanks all had i245 weapons.

It's a matter of personal taste. Each weapon is "as good" as the other. There are pro's and con's to each weapon.

Drae

60% seems to be a fair uptime average for Warriors, in my experience of logging it since getting it last week. On some fights it's as low as 50%--but those were on fights where I either somehow got rage-starved in addition to them being shorter. On the majority of fights where I was solidly on a target, around 60% was the norm.

This is high enough for me to consider the average proc's value, since it is pretty reliable all things considered.

+ Reply to Thread