+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Burnished Quel'Serrar BiS for EHP?

Burnished Quel'Serrar BiS for EHP?

So now that the stats on the 25man version of this are out, it's 74 base stam (less than high end tanking weapons right now because they all have sockets), however the proc is 1550 armor.

I ran the EHP calcs when I saw this. Fully raid buffed (without inspiration) I have a little over 52k hps and 31000 armor (as a warrior). Based on this, 1500 armor (I was in a hurry and not at my home computer so I didn't pick off base stats) calculates to roughly 5400 EHP.

If this proc is 80% up time like the old one... then that's huge. Way better than a 30 stam gem. And that's not even counting the extra defense (which frankly I could care less about).

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    So now that the stats on the 25man version of this are out, it's 74 base stam (less than high end tanking weapons right now because they all have sockets), however the proc is 1550 armor.

I ran the EHP calcs when I saw this. Fully raid buffed (without inspiration) I have a little over 52k hps and 31000 armor (as a warrior). Based on this, 1500 armor (I was in a hurry and not at my home computer so I didn't pick off base stats) calculates to roughly 5400 EHP.

If this proc is 80% up time like the old one... then that's huge. Way better than a 30 stam gem. And that's not even counting the extra defense (which frankly I could care less about).

Thoughts?
    If the uptime stays that high and doesn't get nerfed due to the inevitable dual-wielding DKs, it's a pretty phenomenal survivability weapon. It is also, and this is so important, the ONLY 245 level tanking weapon available outside of a heroic mode (and to boot, the two are both of heroic Anub 10/25. Which is so lame).

I personally can't wait to get this thing.

Even if the uptime is 50%, I'd still say that's significant enough to use it over blood and glory.

Quote Originally Posted by Zothor View Post
    If the uptime stays that high and doesn't get nerfed due to the inevitable dual-wielding DKs, it's a pretty phenomenal survivability weapon. It is also, and this is so important, the ONLY 245 level tanking weapon available outside of a heroic mode (and to boot, the two are both of heroic Anub 10/25. Which is so lame).

I personally can't wait to get this thing.
    DKs cannot dual wield it since it is Unique. Unless you mean they would dual wield both the Burnished Quel'Serrar (245) and the Gleaming Quel'Serrar (232).

I'm sad. The prottadin of my guild with almost full ToC gear (not ToGC) get this weapon tonight. He have a titanguard and i'm using the H 5man toc sword... /sad =[

I am guessing the procc will be just like most proccs (eg. has a 45 second hidden internal cooldown). If you'd procc immediately that'd take it's uptime to about 22% (10 seconds every 45 seconds basically). That'd amount to a constant 310 armor which is nice but in any way better than the ToC 10 man (heroic) sword). The avoidance on the procc is okay and I'm thinking that avoidance wise it would nearly equal the ulduar ish weapons with more avoidance stats. (don't have the time here at work to start converting avoidance ratio's)

The weapon speed being neither slow nor fast is also interesting... That, however, leans more to the threat side of things and I'm nowhere near able to calculate the devastate dps gain vs heroic strike dps lost on that one.
    My lack of proper signature actually is a proud minimalistic stand

Based on the current proc rates people are reporting, the 25-man version is currently the best survival time increasing weapon in the game right now.

The 10-man version falls behind a little bit compared to a couple other options but is probably 4th or arguably 3rd.

Personally I'd shy away from counting anything that involves a proc toward my EH as EH is typically a measure of how long you survive if all else fails, so no dodges, parries, Mongoose, Black Heart etc. Only if you can absolutely guarantee that it will be up 100% of the time would I include it.

There's no doubt that it's a great piece and I'm sure the proc rate is pretty tasty though so I'll probably still pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolven View Post
    DKs cannot dual wield it since it is Unique. Unless you mean they would dual wield both the Burnished Quel'Serrar (245) and the Gleaming Quel'Serrar (232).
    If the proc doesn't share an ICD, and given that they have different names, I'd think that's probably possible... could be.

Also, has anyone confirmed if this proc is ICD or PPM? If it's PPM, DKs are not going to be happy since their diseases/magic attacks don't tend to proc that stuff. Warriors and paladins though....

Quote Originally Posted by Fix View Post
    I'm sad. The prottadin of my guild with almost full ToC gear (not ToGC) get this weapon tonight. He have a titanguard and i'm using the H 5man toc sword... /sad =[
    This is a huge upgrade over titanguard, and the only 245 weapon realistically available without clearing ToGC. I can't really blame him at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Zothor View Post
    This is a huge upgrade over titanguard, and the only 245 weapon realistically available without clearing ToGC. I can't really blame him at all.
    Can we get some numbers here? On the surface, it seems like giving up Titanguard loses you a lot of stats and defensive bonuses--are we so sure that the Burnished Quel is better than TG?

I'd -like- it to be, if only for nostalgia's sake, but the surface numbers don't seem to agree. Is the proc really -that- good?

Quote Originally Posted by Aiglos View Post
    Can we get some numbers here? On the surface, it seems like giving up Titanguard loses you a lot of stats and defensive bonuses--are we so sure that the Burnished Quel is better than TG?

I'd -like- it to be, if only for nostalgia's sake, but the surface numbers don't seem to agree. Is the proc really -that- good?
    Assuming there is no internal CD, then yes, the proc is that good, but it all depends on uptime.

Unfortunately, EHP is God right now, and 1550 armor is just too much to pass up if it's anything above a 50% uptime imo.

So far reports are that the proc is almost a 100% uptime, and that both procs stack. There doesn't appear to be an internal GCD.

I got the weapon last night and used it to tank Ulduar. There is no internal cooldown and it procs very often. I'm guessing that it probably procs every 15 seconds or so on average. Sometimes it chain procs several times in a row, and I've had a few times where it didn't proc for a while. I love it.

Pic-Upload.de - Kostenlos Bilder & Fotos hochladen

30Min. on BossDummy Uptime 27%
    (14,25% Expt., 8,75%Hit)

Quote Originally Posted by Votexx View Post
    Pic-Upload.de - Kostenlos Bilder & Fotos hochladen

30Min. on BossDummy Uptime 27%
    (14,25% Expt., 8,75%Hit)
    Was that just auto attacking or using specials too?

BTW what is the uptime addon your using?

Quote Originally Posted by Pagezero View Post
    Was that just auto attacking or using specials too?

BTW what is the uptime addon your using?
    just autoattack
    AddOn: emitpU
    emitpU - a buff uptime monitor - Addons - Curse

edit:
    with devastate-spam much better uptime (70%-80%)
    Last edited by Votexx; 09-25-2009 at 02:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Votexx View Post
    just autoattack
    AddOn: emitpU
    emitpU - a buff uptime monitor - Addons - Curse

edit:
    with devastate-spam much better uptime (70%-80%)
    That's what i was expecting, around 70%-80%. If it was 100% it was going to be alot overpower.

Nice addon btw =3

But still need to see some math over other weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Zothor
    I know, i was just QQ'ing about that because i really wanted that sword =p.

I already did see some other threat about this weapon and did see someone telling this weapon is at par with titanguard. But NO math included, so i don't know.

If someone could do some math (just the basic one) and tell us we all would be much pleased :]

Your image isn't working for me, were you able to determine rough PPM stats from auto-attacking?

Would the 232 weapon be better than titanguard?

+ Reply to Thread