+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3.2.2 FoK nerf effect on raiding

3.2.2 FoK nerf effect on raiding

Throwing Specialization: This talent no longer causes Fan of Knives to interrupt spellcasting.

So I'm looking at this and thinking of two fights in particular. Yogg zero, and Anub 25 heroic. It seems like these fights will be drastically more difficult now with this nerf in place.

For Yogg zero, I'm clueless how they expect us to clear the encounter, 20 mobs casting drain life, FoK was the only solution. Even with amped up Coliseum epic powered dps its a huge problem. They increased the cooldown of how often they do it, but there is still way too many mobs to use standard interrupts.

As for Anub 25H, the typical strat is to use a single warrior tank on adds, which means the 4 adds are close together, with massively increased casting speed. Shadow strike casts in about 1 second in this situation, on 4 mobs. Having several rogues spamming FoK was the ideal solution. Assigning interrupters to all 4 mobs, while possible, will greatly reduce dps, and likely cause considerable confusion. Is the only viable method now to separate the packs and use 3 tanks total, to keep the speed buff from stacking?

Anyone have any bright ideas for these two encounters? My guild has still been working on them, and its depressing to see them made even more difficult. It's even more depressing that it is due to a pvp inspired nerf.

I forget but does shockwave interrupt the guardians?

Shockwave typically has a good chance to miss, so is not incredibly reliable for such things.
    "We actually talked today about adding an item level 300 shirt that did absolutely nothing but mess with mods that attempt to boil down players to gear scores. " -Ghostcrawler

On Anub you can force the adds to burrow until next addphase, that was enough time for us to get the kill.

Well, that's the tactic we useed on 10 men heroic, didn't see at first you were talking about 25 men.

Orc, he's referring to their shadow step gib. Unless I'm mistaken they cast that all the time, not just in phase 3.
    King of Cheese, Pope of Lemons, Warlord of Pancakes, Sultan of Omelletes, Czar of Zuchini, Kaiser of Pretzels, Archduke of Apples, Duke of Pimento-loaf, Prime-Minister of Meats, Count of Tomato, The Regent of Danish, Chieftan of Chutney, and Lord of the Dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Regill View Post
    Throwing Specialization: This talent no longer causes Fan of Knives to interrupt spellcasting.

So I'm looking at this and thinking of two fights in particular. Yogg zero, and Anub 25 heroic. It seems like these fights will be drastically more difficult now with this nerf in place.

For Yogg zero, I'm clueless how they expect us to clear the encounter, 20 mobs casting drain life, FoK was the only solution. Even with amped up Coliseum epic powered dps its a huge problem. They increased the cooldown of how often they do it, but there is still way too many mobs to use standard interrupts.

As for Anub 25H, the typical strat is to use a single warrior tank on adds, which means the 4 adds are close together, with massively increased casting speed. Shadow strike casts in about 1 second in this situation, on 4 mobs. Having several rogues spamming FoK was the ideal solution. Assigning interrupters to all 4 mobs, while possible, will greatly reduce dps, and likely cause considerable confusion. Is the only viable method now to separate the packs and use 3 tanks total, to keep the speed buff from stacking?

Anyone have any bright ideas for these two encounters? My guild has still been working on them, and its depressing to see them made even more difficult. It's even more depressing that it is due to a pvp inspired nerf.

Actually, the ideal strat was to manually kick all 4 of the adds, because FoK wasn't reliable. But you already know that, right?
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

Heh, I'll take your word for it, I haven't killed it yet. Fan seemed to be working ok for us when we were learning.

+ Reply to Thread