+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gleaming Quel'Serrar

Definitely going to try for this on my Paladin if not just for the Novelty Value, the looks and the usage on an RP-Realm. Time for some more Highlord style RP!

Edit: The speed does worry me slightly. It is slower, which is not that bad, but not That slow.
    Last edited by Kazeyonoma; 09-23-2009 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Don't use custom font editing, it's for authors and guides not for general use.

So this weapon is now live.

Could someone get it and test the proc chance and uptime of the buff?

I does look to my a very good weapon, but the lack of expertise/hit worry me...

Quote Originally Posted by Eravian View Post
    What I actually like about this sword isn't the proc, but the attack speed. I'm of the opinion that a solid 1.9-2.1 speed weapon is actually quite ideal with the way (warrior) tanking is set up right now, since it gives an even mix of fast rage gen and bigger burst damage. Some may see that as falling short on both counts, but I personally think there's something to be said for balance.

That and it looks like the original Quel'Serrar, which means it looks pretty awesome.
    This.

The 2.00 Speed was the first thing that caught my attention, seems like it could be very interesting.

Regardless of the stats, I will continue to beat my face against Ony till I get it. Why?
    Cause I want it!

Maybe even more interessting question: what happens to the other Quel'Serrar hanging around in my bags for posing?

The old one you will keep it, but i don't think new players can get it now. Just the lvl 80.

prolly getting it to try dw tanking, its the only 1h weapon that gives almost the same thing as gargoyle rune. Just tryed it with a friend and proc is 0.42, which will grant something close to 80% uptime. kinda nice
    Last edited by ghromorth; 09-23-2009 at 07:29 AM.

The proc is quite interesting, but unless it has a really amazing up time, I will stick with shiver or sorthalis.

I'm sad. The prottadin of my guild with almost full ToC gear (not ToGC) get this weapon tonight. He have a titanguard and i'm using the H 5man toc sword... /sad =[

the question that remains is: if you DW as a DK with the 10/25 man versions, do the buffs stack, or does the stronger 25-man version overwrite it? and can we also test to see if we can create an effective 100% up-time between both procs if we assume 80% up-time? just doing some quick napkin math:

2.0- (2.0*.2) = 1.6 attack speed

1.6 = 6 attacks every 10 seconds

ghromorth reports a .42 proc rate, so what are the chances that, in the span of ten seconds, the buff WON'T be re-applied when DW'ing 2 of these bad-boys (i.e. 12 opportunities to re-apply every ten seconds):

(.42^12) = .003%

statistically speaking, you're going to have 99.99% up-time on this buff if you have both swords. Given that, I think some people might view this as grounds to go below the defense cap with these swords equipped, but I wouldn't risk going below the static 540 defense cap even with these swords, for no other reason than you're looking at at least 3 melee swings into a boss fight before you can reasonably expect one of the buffs to show up, and RNG could reasonably screw this if you're unlucky. The defense off these swords should be viewed strictly as additional avoidance, and should never be used to reach the defense cap.

I got the Burnished Quel'Serrar last night. It's not 100% uptime, but it is up a LOT. It's a huge amount of mitigation from the armor proc, and the defense is a nice little ~2% avoidance, plus a little more block chance to boot!

I really don't know, but if I had to make a guess, I'd say it procs every 15 seconds on average. I've had it chain proc before too, so it's not on an internal cooldown.

Personally I took it for a vanity item. The stamina of the 10m version leaves something to be desired. The stam on the 25m one is nice, but I lose the gem slot of my current weapon which loses me the +30 stam gem. Also, I'd rather have the hit rating or expertise rather than DM avoidance on a proc.
    "Friendship is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel it's true warmth."

+ Reply to Thread