+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gleaming Quel'Serrar

Gleaming Quel'Serrar

Gleaming Quel'Serrar - Items - Sigrie

+65 stamina and on hit +1400 armor and 100 defense rating.

Anyone know if the uptime is 100%? And/or if this sword will be worth replacing something such as the flame leviathan 25 sword

Well, if the uptime is anything like the old Quel, then it's gonna be pretty awesome (the uptime I had on the old one was probably around 80-90%)

Quote Originally Posted by kpxneophyte View Post
    Well, if the uptime is anything like the old Quel, then it's gonna be pretty awesome (the uptime I had on the old one was probably around 80-90%)
    But the issue is if it isnt 100%, the +100 defense rating means very little since you cant drop any on your gear. So you get 1400 armor versus dodge parry defense expertise whatevers on your current weapon.

Well, if anything, this sword's going to be an avoidance(lawl)/migitation sword. Maybe it'll have a 100% uptime when the game finally goes live. Or maybe, it'll just be another cool looking sword for people to have.

100 defense rating
    4.92 def rating = 1 def skill

100 / 4.92 = 20.32 defense skill ~ 20 defense

20 defense * (.04 miss + .04 parry + .04 dodge) = .8 + .8 + .8 = 2.4% avoidance before diminishing returns.

even at 80% uptime, that averages out to 16 defense which is 1.92% avoidance before DRs.

So that's still comparable to most tanking weapons if not better.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Bah, ignore me. Decimal points messed in my head.
    Last edited by Karatheya; 09-22-2009 at 10:46 AM.
    Cold Comfort: Rational Cynicism in the World of Warcraft
    http://blog.cold-comfort.org/

I don't care about numbers, the stats look lackluster therefore I cry!

It should be the best

Quote Originally Posted by Karatheya View Post
    At 70. At 80 it's 6.89.
    uhmm pretty sure its 4.92

"689" is the actual number of defense rating you need to be at 540 at 80
    [2-07-08 08:57 AM] Enelrad: hahaha, that and you're ugly! Ugly tanks tank better
    [3-19-08 02:23 PM] Enelrad: Im really a 12 yr old boy from GA
    Notice: You are currently banned from the shoutbox.

klor is just trolling you, the real number in question is 42.

Quote Originally Posted by Haarg View Post
    I don't care about numbers, the stats look lackluster therefore I cry!

It should be the best
    ^ What he said.

I already have Shiver, so I'll probably just take this weapon just to DW it with the original Quel'Serrar.

What I actually like about this sword isn't the proc, but the attack speed. I'm of the opinion that a solid 1.9-2.1 speed weapon is actually quite ideal with the way (warrior) tanking is set up right now, since it gives an even mix of fast rage gen and bigger burst damage. Some may see that as falling short on both counts, but I personally think there's something to be said for balance.

That and it looks like the original Quel'Serrar, which means it looks pretty awesome.

If you're looking for a threat weapon there are still plenty of others that would do the job better than this!

Oh, I don't think it's the best weapon in the game by any stretch, just that it's nice to see a weapon with a 2.0 speed. They're about as uncommon as weapon speeds get.

The 25-man version proc has been datamined and is:
    When active, grants the wielder 110 defense rating and 1550 armor for 10 sec.

Tests of the 10-man version on PTR seemed to show that Paladins could maintain around 70-75% uptime of the buff. Warriors would possibly be a bit higher.

At 75%, the 25-man version would basically be, on average:
    70-75 Stamina (not known yet)
    1163 Armor
    83 Defense Rating

This would probably make it the best survival/mitigation weapon in the game currently.

Also, keep in mind that the value of Defense Rating is increasing a bit for Warriors due to the Critical Block buff. It's not huge, but it is a slight increase in value compared to pre-3.2.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Eravian View Post
    That and it looks like the original Quel'Serrar, which means it looks pretty awesome.
    The only reason I want this patch to hit.
    Quel'serrar is the best looking tank weapon in the game (to me) and the one item skin I've been waiting for them to duplicate.

I've already been tanking stuff on my Warrior with his original Quel'serrar in anticipation.
    "Upon an order we plead, with the lure of a song, a sacred song, to the moon and the stars. An illusionary light is here placed."

The real question is wether or not the 10 and 25man versions of the proc will stack, and how long the icd is, if any ;D

Probably the closest thing you are going to get to a "slow" tanking weapon for DKs.
    Can you please go over there please? Thank you very much.

so would this sword be worth using? (currently using titanguard)

In addition to my previous poster, I suppose this blade is better than my Stoneguard - Item - World of Warcraft ..

Burnished Quel'Serrar - Items - Sigrie

iLvL 245 version is great.
    Mookey | GM of <RISE> Xavius [EU]

I think most of us got to the point where avoid weapons simply don't tip the scale anymore.
    Once you go over 50% avoid you'd need much more than 30def +30dodge/parry to get more than 2% avoid.

But THIS baby is mitigation. Nice stam, armor boost, 100def on proc is irrelevant imho. You'd still have to maintain 540.

I'm still undecided about the sword but I'll definitely try to pick it up ASAP.

SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.

+ Reply to Thread