+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How's my spec look?

How's my spec look?

Hello, im new to these forums but i've used the videos here countless times to prepare for a raid so first off, thank you tankspot!

I'd like to know (As a prot warrior myself) How my current spec looks

The World of Warcraft Armory

Its taken quite a while and quite a few respecs but this spec seems to work PERFECTLY. I never have a problem holding and maintaining single target threat and only rarely lose threat on mobs due to heavy dps focus on a target I have yet to fully generate threat on. Im fully open to criticism and would love to see some feedback on rotations.

Also, is there a link to the addons that the players making the videos use?

If the spec "works perfectly" for you, then its the spec you should use.

However, most folks would probably drop the 2 points out of cruelty and a point from shield specialization and pick up deep wounds.

Your spec looks pretty good only things I would really change in it is take 2 points out of Imp revenge and take 2 points out of cruelty, with those points I would put them in Deepwounds and imp disciplines. Your glyphs are where the problem is, only reason for Glyph of Shockwave and Cleave is for a trash spec. In my opinion Glyph of Shieldwall, Last stand and devastate would all be better options.

Quote Originally Posted by krc View Post
    Your spec looks pretty good only things I would really change in it is take 2 points out of Imp revenge and take 2 points out of cruelty, with those points I would put them in Deepwounds and imp disciplines. Your glyphs are where the problem is, only reason for Glyph of Shockwave and Cleave is for a trash spec. In my opinion Glyph of Shieldwall, Last stand and devastate would all be better options.

Well as a tank I have to be versatile and running heroics and raids most of the time your fighting trash so I have to be able to keep it on me. I've heard deepwounds really didn't do that much for a tank? I just recently took my points out of it.

Deepwounds adds about an 8% dps increase, in my opinion that makes it worth it.

Deep wounds does alot for a tank. Every time you get a crit, it leaves a debuff on the mob that ticks for damage (threat). One of your abilities, Incite, gives a bunch of your key abilities a boosted chance of getting a crit so when you do your thunderclap, and it crits, each mob it crit on will take extra damage (threat) and make life easier when you're AOE tanking.

Use thunderclap and shockwave whenever they are off cooldown, cleave and tab-target devestate and you should be fine. You might also look into the glyph of cleaving if you're tanking a lot of heroics.

I'd also keep improved revenge. Being able to stun trash in heroics with one of your key threat abilities is actually pretty useful and shoudln't be overlooked.

I've taken the advice and changed my spec a little bit and have pretty much eliminated the major "trash" tanking aspects kind of making trash pick up a bit harder on me but that also comes down to DPS targeting.

You can click the link in my first post, as the armory has updated to my current spec. Thoughts?

Only thing I would really change with your current spec is take 2 points out of improved bloodrage and put 1 in filling out Imp Disciplines and the other in Shield specialization.

+ Reply to Thread