+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gearing and gems

Gearing and gems

Hey everyone

I've always been a dps, but due to a shortage of tanks and the fact that I have steadily been improving my tank set, I find myself tanking more on more raids. As a result most of my badges have gone to upgrading my dps set.

Done as much research as I can, and I think I've got most of my gear organised and enchanted right.
    The World of Warcraft Armory

If anyone sees any glaring errors can you please let me know. I know I still need to upgrade one of the gems in my boot slot and after reading some of the other posts I saw that most people are only using one of the brewfest trinkets so may go back to black heart.

Main reason Im asking is that I also seem to take alot more damage than others (especially when tanking heroic 10 man gormoc)

2 main questions:

- I keep reading conflicting things about gemming stam / avoidance vs pure stamina. Only have a couple of stam / avoidance gems in at the moment. Would I be better off gemming pure stamina.

- How important is hit rating. I don't seem to have any trouble holding threat at the moment, although a couple of unlucky misses at the start of a fight can make it a bit more difficult, although as a nature of the gear I have come across I seem to be struggling to maintain enough hit rating. Are there any easy options apart from gemming or using a dps hit rating trinket?

Thanks in advance

Just realised I logged out in my dps gear. Quickarmory should have my tank gear in it
    http://www.quickarmory.com/?n=dbtboned&r=Nagrand
    Last edited by dbtboned; 09-22-2009 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Wrong gear on

Quote Originally Posted by dbtboned View Post
    Hey everyone

I've always been a dps, but due to a shortage of tanks and the fact that I have steadily been improving my tank set, I find myself tanking more on more raids. As a result most of my badges have gone to upgrading my dps set.

Done as much research as I can, and I think I've got most of my gear organised and enchanted right.
    The World of Warcraft Armory

If anyone sees any glaring errors can you please let me know. I know I still need to upgrade one of the gems in my boot slot and after reading some of the other posts I saw that most people are only using one of the brewfest trinkets so may go back to black heart.

Main reason Im asking is that I also seem to take alot more damage than others (especially when tanking heroic 10 man gormoc)

2 main questions:

- I keep reading conflicting things about gemming stam / avoidance vs pure stamina. Only have a couple of stam / avoidance gems in at the moment. Would I be better off gemming pure stamina.

- How important is hit rating. I don't seem to have any trouble holding threat at the moment, although a couple of unlucky misses at the start of a fight can make it a bit more difficult, although as a nature of the gear I have come across I seem to be struggling to maintain enough hit rating. Are there any easy options apart from gemming or using a dps hit rating trinket?

Thanks in advance
    From what i've read gemming/trinketing for avoidance or stam depends on the fights. If you're doing a fight like Northrend Beasts you'll want high stamina because the impale on Gormok or whatever his name is drains HP fast. If you're doing a fight like Patchwerk you'll want avoidance so your RS procs more and to avoid his attacks.

Get hit capped! Get expertise capped! I'm working on expertise, kind of... But it will give you a lot more threat and also reduce the regular strike haste increase from mobs when they parry you! Defense cape, hit cap, expertise cap in that order, from what i've been told...

+ Reply to Thread