+ Reply to Thread

Thread: When to abandon Saronite Plated leggaurds?

When to abandon Saronite Plated leggaurds?

Hey all,

Just got lucky in VoA 25, and won Hellscream's Legguards of Triumph - Item - World of Warcraft , which seem very, very appealing.

Thing is, I'm currently using Saronite Plated Legguards - Item - World of Warcraft which are also very nice.

Using the new legs, I gain 38 stamina, 55 hit rating (1.5% roughly), and 270 block, while loosing about 700 armor, and point 14 avoidance.

So, there's some conflict here. In TBC, some items had extremely long lives, like Moroe's Pocketwatch, and others, but I want to be sure that I'm not hanging on to the Saronite's for no reason.

Any imput is appriciated, thanks
    Playing a warrior tank well is its own reward.

Also gaining like 35 def rating.

Tough call. 700 armor is pretty awesome.

Well, the saronite plated legguards are stronger in Effective health and stronger avoidancewise.

So, in fights where you need hit (and I seem to lose more and more hit the more ToC gear I get) in fights where you need more threat or pure stamina fights use the Hellscreams, in Fights where effective health and avoidance matter keep using saronite plated.

Gear for the encounter.

When you get the Leggings of Feverish Dedication.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamburglar View Post
    When you get the Leggings of Feverish Dedication.
    That'll be in 3 or 4 expansions, with my current guild.

The armor is nice but I really like the hit rating and the set bonuses from the Tier9 set. Now that our critical blocks have doubled, having Shield Block up for 10 seconds out of every 30 seconds sounds like a nice bonus to have.

With that in mind, I don't mind the Block Value on the pants either. Its not great but I have enough dodge and parry on my other items.

Now.

Quote Originally Posted by thedrawrf View Post
    That'll be in 3 or 4 expansions, with my current guild.
    When you're level 110?"(Isn't an expansion like when you get a new continent and higher max level. I think you meant "major content patch"?

Quote Originally Posted by orcstar View Post
    When you're level 110?"(Isn't an expansion like when you get a new continent and higher max level. I think you meant "major content patch"?
    Na, I meant at level 110! lol, switching guilds soon, I hope.

Well I know I'm preaching against the current gossip and all, but me personally I like the 245 legs over the saronite ones. Given my tanking style I like a fair amount of block value, especially since shield slam still scales off block value (I like big slams....it's a vice I know..). That being said and following the advice already given, I'd say keep the saronite legs in the bank.....never know when you might come across a heavy magic damage fight where you want all the avoidance you can get.

I totally agree with Orcstar gear for the encounter. Some bosses the T9 will be better and others the Saronite legs will be the best legs, don't just abandon one. And for what Jorley said why would you want avoidance on a heavy magic encounter when you can't even avoid the magic?

+ Reply to Thread