+ Reply to Thread

Thread: a little arms warrior advice..

a little arms warrior advice..

so here is my warrior The World of Warcraft Armory I can only seem to pull about 3.4-3.6 k dps when other warriors are always above me on dps charts, i use typical rotation, so maybe i am not geared or gemmed correctly? a little advice from the pros would be much appricated! thx a lot.

your not expertise capped, thats alot of dmg that is going to waste, even if it procs overpower. arms is gcd locked and being at or very near the expertise cap will boost your numbers alot. why do you gem for crit? at 30% arp from gear, arp is your best stat to gem for (at least get to soft cap with arp gems). your weapon is also holding you back alot. try getting the 2h axe from h toc 5 man, and getting the t9 gloves to help on the hit that you will lose. nobles deck is best in slot trinket until twins in totc 25, so it is a great investment to replace your mirror with.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Moved to HALP forum.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Thax for the quick reply, I know my wep is horrible i have run damn toc 37 days in a row(yes i have been keeping track) and haven't even see it drop, the wow gods hate me. a couple of quick questions: what is the exp cap for arms, and what % should i have my crit at, so i can replace the crit gems with ArP ones? thx again.

crit% is inconsequential really. You want it high from gear, but not from gemming, there's no real # to shoot for in arms, since having Overpower means almost always guaranteeing a crit every 6 seconds you'll have your debuffs on the target always.

the exp cap for arms, is either 18 expertise skill or 26 expertise skill. 18 if you take 2/2 weapons mastery to reduce 2% dodge chance, 26 if you have enough expertise from gear that you can drop 2 points in weapons mastery and put it into improved execute instead.

Crit will work even at unbelievably low numbers. I think when I first regemmed to ArP my unbuffed crit (i used a sword unfortunately) fell to 25% and I still did decent dps

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

hit > expertise > arp > str in that order are the stats you should be concerned about. dont worry about crit as arms, you will get enough when you get higher ilvl gear. never gem for crit. with overpower having 50% crit + your normal crit%, this basically guarantees deep wounds rolling every 6 seconds.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

As has been outline get your expertise up to 18 with your current spec. You can use expertise food and elixers to help get you there for now.

+ Reply to Thread