+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dual wield tank taking spike

Dual wield tank taking spike

Hello all,

For a while now, I've been searching many different forums to find a solution to my problem, but I can't find any information on this.

I am a dual-wielding death knight tank. I recently adjusted my talent spec a little to match a recommended build I found, and as far as I know my gear is pretty ok. I'm not really a big-time raider, but I do run a lot of heroics and I would like to try out a few raids, just to see them.

With my current spec and gear, I don't have any threat problems whatsoever. I can tank any heroic without much trouble, given that I have a decent healer with me.

My problem is that, especially when facing groups of mobs, I take very high spike damage. In boss fights I don't have any problems, and also in fights against one or a few mobs I do ok. But when I have a group of 4 or more mobs, my spike is really very high. This is the main reason I haven't started raiding yet, since I don't think the healer will be able to keep up with it.

Can anyone give me some advice on how to reduce my spike damage?

T(h)anks in advance!

Armory link

Hello.

I might be able to help you alittle.

Basically itīs very simple, as long as your having all mobs in front of you you will mutigate most damage. if they hit you from behind you will take full damage from every hit and become very squishy. also make sure your blood runes are on CD so you get the 5% less damage taken from Blade Barrier.
    Also time your CD's, use Unbreakable armor or/and IceBound Fortitude at the pull so you have good damage reduction when they are all of them. hopefully a few of them are dead when the CD's run out.

And if your going to raid you need to be crit immune, fix that and you should be good to go.

Good luck
    Last edited by Duskbringer; 09-16-2009 at 06:49 AM.

Thanks a lot for this advice!

I hadn't considered taking Unbreakable Armor or Icebound Fortitude into my normal rotation yet, since I normally save them for those 'Oh s**t'-moments.

I'm going to try that out now, thanks again for the advice .

+ Reply to Thread