+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bubbling Brightbrew Charm

Bubbling Brightbrew Charm

So the Brewfest brought another trinket with a significant amount of stamina.
    What do you think? Do the 170 passive stamina outweigh the lack of other useful tanking stats/bonus effects? Will you pick it up and use it for your EH gear?

I'd nab it, that's for sure

Definitely worth taking over Essence of Gossamer, imo.

Debatable regarding taking it over the Black Heart though I would think.

For what it's worth, the on-use heals the party for 139 health/second, and it lasts a decent bit. It's not game-breaking, but it's nothing to sneeze at for sure.

I'd take it. Butg on the other hand, I'll take whatever comes me way (my current trinkets are for level 60's) :P
    The box said: "Requires Windows 98 or better.", so I installed Linux.

I've got the Heart of Iron and the Black Heart. Once I got this, I replaced the latter with it.

However, as was alluded to earlier, I'm not sure if the proc outweights the extra 44 stam. I guess the idea behind stacking stam is that chance occurrences (avoidance, or, in this case, the armor proc) won't always happen when you need them to, so you need to prepare for the unlucky streaks.

Maybe going back to the Black Heart makes more sense once you're not progression raiding anymore.

Ha - just got mine. Definitely replaced my Essence of Gossamer.

Wondering - MMOChamp is listing two potential drops for him

Bitter Balebrew Charm - Item - World of Warcraft
    Bubbling Brightbrew Charm - Item - World of Warcraft

Can you really get two of these or is this an alliance/horde thing?
    Last edited by Erja; 09-19-2009 at 11:19 PM.

You can probably get both. Like last year, you could get all of them.
    The box said: "Requires Windows 98 or better.", so I installed Linux.

That are two different Items. You can get both, i got my first one now . Second dropped when i was with my alt there.

I was just about to complain about the imbalance of stamina trinkets...

Is it only me that thinks wtf, these are so close to ulduar and not far behind the toc 25 ones.

I've got them both, bumped me up to 36K Un-buffed Health if I change some pieces around.

I do have the JC trinket, and the Black Heart though. So I think on fights where you need a cool down , or a little bit more than just Stam, I'll switch the non healing one out.

These trinkets are easy to attain, I got them on the 2nd and 5th tries on the Brewfest Boss. So it's definitely a nice pick up for an alt, or someone trying to catch up to the health pools of the little bit better geared tanks.

Got both today. Swapping both Gossamer and Black heart for them. Because 34.5k sounds cooler than nearly 33.95k. Yes, I am the kind of tank that choose gear not only for stats but also for looks.

Got both today, replaced Essence of Gossamer and Rune of Repulsion. I still have 52% avoidance with horn of winter and unbuffed. And now I have 34.6k > 32.1k hp.

I woulda had both, but my entire group rolled against me on the last one (all paladins and another warrior, sigh). The warrior and one of the paladins rolled against me on the first too, but at least I won that. I replaced the Black Heart with it, as I'm unfortunately still using Seal of the Pantheon for Defense.

Then it turns out the paladin who won the other one (and a brewfest ram) couldn't summon (even though he said he could). Then he left. I was pissed as hell.
    風林火山陰雷

ಠ ,ಠ
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - it's time to roll the dice

I agree with the opinion that it's better as Gossame, but i'm quiet unsure if they are better the the black heart.

You get an armor boost of 7056 every 45 seconds for 10 seconds.

Permanent theory:
    45/10 = 4,5
    7056/4,5 = 1568

1568 permanent Armor and you loose 44 stamina. based on 25k armor and 2964 stamina you earn 9662 tankpoits withe the black heart.

10 seconds theory:
    7056 for 10 seconds against 440 (44 * 10) stamina, would give you a boost of 22297 tankpoits (for black heart).

That would be a total of 4954 permanent tankpoints.

So bubbling and black should be the choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Man At Arms View Post
    I agree with the opinion that it's better as Gossame, but i'm quiet unsure if they are better the the black heart.

You get an armor boost of 7056 every 45 seconds for 10 seconds.

Permanent theory:
    45/10 = 4,5
    7056/4,5 = 1568

1568 permanent Armor and you loose 44 stamina. based on 25k armor and 2964 stamina you earn 9662 tankpoits withe the black heart.

10 seconds theory:
    7056 for 10 seconds against 440 (44 * 10) stamina, would give you a boost of 22297 tankpoits (for black heart).

That would be a total of 4954 permanent tankpoints.

So bubbling and black should be the choice.
    Could you re-engineer that math to tell us wether or not the new trinket's beat out the Heart? Or is that already in there?
    Playing a warrior tank well is its own reward.

I see what your are saying Man At Arms about how the Black Hearts proc would put it at a higher average EH than the Brewfest Trinket but it is completely random and you have no control of it, and the majority of bosses in ToC main threat for death is un mitigable damage making my choice the Black Heart. The only real situation where I would take the Black Heart over it is bosses where there is alot of physical burst damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Norrath View Post
    Then it turns out the paladin who won the other one (and a brewfest ram) couldn't summon (even though he said he could). Then he left. I was pissed as hell.
    That sucks, but the trinkets will be dropping like rain since you have 2 weeks to farm this guy. The ram sucks more.

Conversely on our first summon, some guy w/o a summon (he was upfront about it) rolled need against me on the trinket then offered to sell it to me when he won.

Next summon, the ram drops, I won and refused to sell it to him =D.

To top if off third summon, the stamina trinket drops again and I got it this time.

+ Reply to Thread