+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Right Course of Action

The Right Course of Action

Greets to all @ tankspot.com!

My character name is Hils, and I am an Orc Warrior of Thunderhorn (EU).

I have a problem. I would like thoughts from all those using this forum (be as honest as you would as if this matter concearns your guild) with regards to a problem Ive had with my current guild for probably 2 years now.

My role is MT for both 10 and 25 man raids. My guild aims to clear TOTC 10 man tonight, so we can try for the heroic mode 10 man.

However, another guild member, also has a Warrior tank, who would like to come to the run, and feels its rude that we are excluding him on a progress night.

Normally I would agree, and happily give a spot to another tank. But, my main problem is he has a Druid who is in one of the top Horde guilds on my server, who has beaten our guild in terms of 10 and 25 man boss progression. Yet he claims his Warrior is his main in this guild?

I personally have trouble understanding this. I find it a waste of my game time stepping aside for another tank who will not be there, every week for raids, because he'd rather take down boss progress elsewhere.

Anyway, what course of action should my guild take with regards to this matter? (Main character is a Druid in another guild vs. his Alt Warrior taking my spots in raid because he feels he should be allowed to do both).

I'll say thanks in advance, as Ive browsed tankspot for some time now, but not had the guts to post, because I have trouble wording things. Keep up the good work tankspot and your community.

Regards,

Daniel

First off you worded this perfectly and I understand exactly where your comming from. In the guild that I'm in we have had a lot of changes from Social, to Social Raids, Now to more Hardcore Raiding. We deffinetly have some old members that went the route of Top 100 guilds before we got more serious and they still have Alts that are in our guild because they like the atmosphere better with us.

What we do is 99% of the time we consider there chars Alts even thought the Main is not here. The only thing that would change that is the person can make at least our required raid amount per week which is 75% to be a raider. These "Alts" do not get first invites to raids but if in raid with us they do roll MS/OS with the rest of us as far as gear goes.

Granted these are still people that we like, if when the main left there was a bad taste in our mouth we booted there alts before they could log them in. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hils View Post
    But, my main problem is he has a Druid who is in one of the top Horde guilds on my server, who has beaten our guild in terms of 10 and 25 man boss progression. Yet he claims his Warrior is his main in this guild?
    This by itself isn't a problem, assuming the schedules don't conflict. If he can commit to your raids fully, then it doesn't matter about the rest.

However,
    another tank who will not be there, every week for raids, because he'd rather take down boss progress elsewhere.
    This is the real problem. If he's not going to show up consistently, don't step aside for him.

It sounds a little rude of him to expect you to stand aside, to be honest. If it's a progression raid and you're the main tank, you should be tanking.
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

The second his guild is back in motion, he'll more than likely dart off and go back to what he was doing before he spent time with you.

Based on that alone, there's nothing wrong with your current course of action. Quite frankly, if he can't understand that, it's his problem. Best of luck in your progression.

People with highest recent attendance should go.

Hey Hils

I play on thunderhorn eu too btw

Im not ad all surprized that your guild is having this problem mine use too have the very same one, too avoid this wee put our to our members and when recruiting that we are only looking for "mains" and not alts, in other words if your main is not in our guild your alts wont be either.

Sow in my oppinion your guild leaders need to step in here and make it clear who gets the MT spot and if that person is not happy about that, that will be his/her problem
    personally i would never give the MT spot to a member of another guild if not needed.

hope you work it out...

+ Reply to Thread